Wednesday, February 14, 2007

....Thanks for all the fish

I've been feeling quite guilty lately about my laxness with blogging. Not, I hasten to add, about my own posts, I don't feel obliged to post every day fortunately, as quite frankly, I can't muster up the mental energy to attempt interestingness every day :) That would be silly.
But as I wander around with the camera and do my shopping and (a little) housework and all that stuff that one does, thoughts, pop in and out of my head (never too many at once though, there isn't room for more than one and a half thoughts in my head at any one time) and often they're about the people I 'know' and 'talk to' here and whether they would be amused or entertained by (for instance) the fact that my electric toothbrush makes me feel as though I have a small angry hornet buzzing around inside my head* which is a major disincentive** to keeping my teeth from falling out (I've always hated my teeth and if they fell out I wouldn't have to worry about them any more would I).
Where was I? Oh yes...There are all these lovely people, some on the other side of the world for heaven's sake, who take the time to visit and say something encouraging and friendly after I have rabbited on about whatever burblings I've been moved to post...
Well, thank you all (from somewhere around the middle of my heart...I feel that the bottom of it is quite a murky and muddled place which I don't often sort out, better to have thanks from a tidier bit)

I would never have imagined when I started this that it could be so immensely rewarding and warming to the soul. Thank you for frequently restoring my faith in humanity and for always entertaining me and for enriching and widening my experience and understanding of the world.

Wow! enough of this soppiness!
I need to finish getting up and let the thrice dammed dog out (poor idiot thing that he sometimes is) and feed the hungry cats...oh, and eat!

See, even though I neglect my blogging, it comes before food!

Oh and what I really meant to say (I know I'm getting old, I distinctly remember saying something like this before) is I may not be visiting a much as I used to but I still do and read whole loads of wonderful stuff but it takes me so long to think of any one comment (yes, even saying "that's really brilliant" involves long periods of brow furrowing and deleting and rewriting and wondering if I've now said the same thing fifteen times in a row thus giving the impression that I wasn't paying attention sit up at the back there bardsley and whether I remembered correctly what someone said at the beginning of a post that I'm now reading the end of) - well, you know -

Umm...Oh yes, it takes me so long that sometimes I just stop and think, no I can't think any more....try again tomorrow and as you know, tomorrow never comes.

And now I have a million Flickr places to visit where the problem of excessive superlatives is even greater and I've just realised I've neglected a whole lot more people. Where does it all stop?????

I talk too much!
As the witches in Sheri Teppers *** delightful Jinian series tell her, "consider water"
so I will
and early morning sunlight on frost for good measure :)

*I realise that a small angry hornet in my head would, in fact, be a very different experience from electrical mouth hygeine.
**This is a horrible word but I can't immediately think of the proper English one...sorry.
***I always enjoy Sheri Tepper's books, however, she does have a quite aggressive feminist slant which in later books becomes pretty much unvarnished man-hating. And there's a strong anti religeous theme which marries oppressively with a 'wipe out all the bad people'theme. This occasionally drifts towards a 'wipe out all the unfit people' theme. Hmm. Not my thing at all.
But her characters are strong and she tells a good story.

Labels:

5 comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Mel said...

:-)

Ya know, I never feel at a lack of comment. LOL The Brit would tell me 'there's a surprise!'.
*shrugs*

What can I say--I enjoy being able to have even a glimpse into other's lives and find it such a priviledge that I gotta sing about it!

UH oh!

Don't ask me why--but the Sesame Street Song just started up over here.

Cool photos.
We have no open water around here so it's a joy to behold!

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about comments and I also know exactly what you mean about gratitude for people who read the burblings that I come out with - looks where it's got me? Rewarding doesn't come anywhere near to explain what I have achieved and gained from blogging and you madam, are the ultimate cause of something inexplicably lovely. You have no idea, truly.

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ahh! Sesame Street - happy memories :)
You're such a sweetheart Mel :)

You also are a sweetheart Thursday and that's the root of it :)

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

well, it's always a total delight to visit such marvellous places, let alone receive visits from others at one's own place

and coming here is wonderful - as much for the thoughts as for the photos

and boy, what lovely photos AGAIN!!! "consider water" how perfect

and that last one with the tumble down fence and the view thru the trees over the fields - words escape me (either that or I've used up all the superlatives I know)

*sigh*

(love the "hornet in your head" concept, but somewhow suspect it's going to put me off cleaning my teeth unless I go back to my manual toothbrush!)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I'm getting used to the hornet I but I can't say I like it. On the other hand I like the dentist and all his works even less. Don't pay any attention to me....hornets...I mean electric teethbrushes are A GOOD THING

 

Post a Comment

<< Home