Sunday, February 04, 2007

Oh Joy and Wonder

Eldest has delivered the goods..by remote!
Took over my computer from afar and what with mice whizzing about all over the place and multiple windows and instructions and queries being typed back and forth from Berkshire to Lancashire it was all very very exciting indeed!
I am totally exhausted and didn't get to go to the pub but the business email now works again. And maybe I even remember how to fix the funny pictures in the website!

Now I am going to do a thing I promised myself a long time ago and write down and print (and save-as) large and bold and brightly coloured and dated and labelled, all the internet passwords, settings and other such stuff in a big word folder. Which I shall name in some obscure and puzzling way so that identity thieves won't realise that it's all in there but I will remember it. Then I'll put it somewhere obscure and puzzling so that next time the email breaks I can spend several hours trying to remember where it is! And the print can go in a special drawer or box...so special that I'll never ever remember again where that is.

As well as this marvellous event, Barney and I went to Welford today to look at snowdrops. And I mean SNOWDROPS.....uncountable millions of them in a great white, still, gleaming carpet.
I have to say that photography with a husband and a dog is a bit like shopping with a husband and a dog...you don't quite get the meditative space you need to do it properly. Still, I took a few pictures. I suspect that there may be a few snowdrop pictures on Flickr tonight, we encountered dozens of other photographers today :). Emails and phone cameras will be buzzing with snowdrop pictures too :)


It was a sight to gladden the heart alright.

5 comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger Mel said...

OMG!!

THOUSANDS of them......

I must say, that 'more' doesn't necessarily mean 'better'.
While they're absolutely stunning as a carpet, I adored your treasures peeking from the leaves.

WOW!

('specially since we don't get them in this weather--a whopping
-14 degrees fahrenheit.....can you say BRRRRRrrrrr!!)

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were indeed beautiful - an excellent suggestion Mig, I really enjoyed it - as I did Saturday evening :)

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

SNOWDROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my heart has been gladdened instantly

wonderful!!

oh! what joy!!!

 
At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very beautiful! It's still all brown and yellow here..no color until late summer. :(

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I love our few snowdrops Mel too. They looked like lots till we went to Welford!

Quite a place isn't it Thursday. We had a wonderful time on Sat too. I'm so glad we finally got it together :)

Glad you're gladdened I. They were so wonderful I had to take my friend three days later (just so I could have another look. And she's a photographer too so it was a very happy second visit:)

I loved your snow pictures Mangey:) It must be quite magical to have snow in the desert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home