Thursday, February 01, 2007

8am!

Yesterday I gotupinthe morningearly because the sun was shining and I really wanted to get out and take pictures before it hid.
Made it!!!!
First the cat interfered with my picture of snowdrops (the angle of the sun proves that this pic was taken at a ridiculous hour, ie, before 9am)
And then, after a four hour walk round Greenham common (of infamous repute) I came back with a few pictures*, a rumbling stomach and frozen fingers. (had to walk backwards from time to time to get the sunshine on the southerly fingers as they were the ones pressing the buttons).

I met dogwalkers, crows, the thing from Greenham Common and a cock.


The dogwalkers, crows and thing are to be expected. The cock is definitely not.
*524...or was it 542?

Important note: I absolutely dare not so much as glance at another blog tonight...four hour walks and half hours swimming and getting up at 8am {twice} followed by 500 pictures to be looked at means I am a tired blogger and can't find another two hours tonight. Please wait for me...I'll be there tomorrow (ish)
And now I can't change the colour of this so you'll have to peer at it! I'm not sure it's worth the blogger...I mean bother.
Bother!

Labels: , , , ,

8 comments:

At 2:22 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Wow.

I don't know if YOU think it was worth it--but from where I sit, it was WORTH it!

('course, I'm sitting in a warm house with warm fingers...LOL)

Awesome, Mig! Absolutely fantastic shots!!

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabuloso my pretty, as always!

Being a rude American, I simply have to ask...is the cock this post's perversion? hehehe...

*hanging head in shame..* ;)

 
At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS...LOVE the raven photo! xxx

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you were secretly a morning person!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger hannah said...

your snowdrops are beautiful, I have not seen any out here yet. we have had sun here today too and it has been lovely.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Wow! What great pics. I love those snowdrops...they look like a place where the fairies hide.

Early spring this year...or so they say! 'Here's comes the sun...'

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful

even with a head cold I can see how wonderful these shots are

I'm so glad you got out of bed early!

and thank you for the wonderful photos!!

(still think the snow drops and dried crackly brown leaves juxtaposition is fantastic!!)

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

thank you Mel, I'm so glad it was worth it.

Mangey I'm not sure I can provide perversion with every post (got to keep some for myself see) but yes, this cock was perverse.

D'you mean to say inside every night owl thre's a lark trying to get out Dav?

Hi Hannah, I hope your snowdrops come out soon :)

The birds certainly think Spring is going to be early skinnnylittleblonde, they're making enough noise to wake the dead, the fairies and Spring!

Thankyou II'm rather pleased with myself about the earlyness too. I'm hoping to do it again lots :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home