Monday, January 29, 2007

I wonder what demon of perversity prompts me every time I start making a phone call, to amble into the kitchen, phone in one hand, to make a cup of tea?
Ah well, it's only taken me eight calls but at last I have a cup of tea, my insurance is sorted, my sewing machine part is paid for, two of Barney's customers are peacefully confident that they will be called by him tonight and ouch, the tea's hot!
What with Blogger and being sleepy I'd sort of forgotten that we had a weekend. Quite a busy weekend too. There was Fran and HF arriving with the last of their posessions and now HF is installed here until they find somewhere to live. And Thursday and Joe (the spanner) Brown turned up for coffee which was delightful and then we had a gig in the evening which was very good..it was for Christian Aid and I have to say, the Christian Aid people are a very jolly crowd. They all dance nearly all the time and there are lots of them. And the girl who accompanied me when I did my grade eight fiddle exam was there. This made me think how much nicer it is to play in a band than to play for an examiner. And, after a bit more thought, how much nicer it is to be gently addicted to Blogging than desparately hooked on making grades.
Still it was lovely to see her and we did enjoy practicing together even if the end result was a fairly comprehensive failure. (I made a note in my computer, which has survived a number of disc changes and collapses and file tidyings, which said, "Just remember, you don't ever want to do this again") .

Speaking of perversity

Look at my next attempt on the white bread.
Clearly brown is better.

However, I'm glad to say, the strange looking flat loaves strongly resemble crumpet. The sort you toast. So we'll be having crumpets (sort of) for tea for a while.
If anyone can give me a good recipe for white bread using 1lb of flour and a breadmaker I'll be very grateful. If it works in our bread maker which I suspect has its own little, perverse demon inside it. A brown, little, perverse demon. With knobs on.

Labels: , , , , ,

11 comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I have made bread. Edible bread. And lots of Stone Henge sized/textured bricks as well. Unpredictable is bread. :-)(said in Yoda voice)

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Indeed Samantha. As the rain falls on freshly washed laundry and the bird droppings on newly washed hair, so is the bread unpredictable :)

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I rather like the sound of the demon, the perverse one, the little brown one, with knobs on

perhaps you could send him over and get him to fix all the annoying things that have happened to my blog since I was coerced into changing to google blogger (I didn't have a choice about it - dunno if it's better or worse than beta, just know I had no choice)

(can you tell I'm not happy!) (despite reading all the good things over at mel's just now. . .)

and I can't see your lovely picture

herumph

does that sound like the sort of word one might say around about now?

does it taste any good?

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(oh - and I got so carried away moaning, I didn't say anything about your gig)

(and blogging instead of chasing grades)

(meant to - sorry)

:-)

 
At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where oh where is the photo of perversion? I can't see it either! Glad the gig was fun!

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I think this is google blogger I! and I can't see my picture now either. Herrrumph! Yes, that's the right thing to say.

As failed bread it's a bit odd. As crumpet, it's really not bad :) the brown, which we both can't see, is pretty damn good!

Sending little perverse brown demon over right away, with knobs. however I'm not sure I trust h...actually, I think it's a her!

(don't worry about the other stuff! I always have this problem...by the time I've got to the end of a post I've forgotten the brilliantly funny/meaningful ...er, well thing, anyway that I was going to say at the beginning :)

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oops. It looks as though I'm joining the ranks of cross bloggers who got willy nilly changed over.
Perhaps it will be there tomorrow Mangey :)

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*snickering*

Cross blogger!!

LOL

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Hot cross bloggers!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

ooooh!! I can see the bread now - it looks lovely

only I've forgotten whether you said it tasted any good!

yum yum!!

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

It was good :) And the smell! Cor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home