Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Folk barn dance band needs bass player

Our rhythm/keyboard player/sound engineer has been offered a contract to join a very well known mainstream prog rock band. This is good news.
He's going to be away on tour from September to December. This is not quite such good news as we have two gigs booked during that period.
He thinks he has a good replacement sound engineer for us. Good.
He thinks said replacement would also be able to fill the rhythm spot...well, I know this lad and I'm not sure how much oomph he's got, so maybe good maybe not!

Oh pooooh.
And it's raining.
And I have a heap of returns to various places. for instance, two items of 1960's clothing to the Clothes warehouse (2nd hand hire and buy shop), one copy of LOTR which didn't work (birthday present from Fran, hope the replacement works!)
One Lap top bag from Muji which is too small!!!! I wish I'd taken the tape measure!
One roller foot for my sewing machine which doesn't look at all like the one I thought I'd ordered.

Well I checked the weather and it looks like it's going to rain all week so I guess my returning will have to be done in the wet so that'll be interesting. (Muji stuff in original paper bag, amazon return labelled with aged peeling sticky labels)

Going back a bit, we went to a party celebrating a friend's 40th at the weekend. So, 1967. I knew I'd picked the right skirt when I found myself tugging it down to stop it climbing gently up my tummy to spoil the er...sleek hip-hugging line. Hmm. I remember spending half my teenage life tugging surreptitiously at skirts and I rather think I was a little broad in the beam for the hip-hugging thing even then. Fran's purple wig was a great success though :) Thank you for the loan Fran :) Barney (apart from a unprecedented luxuriance in the hair department) looks pretty much as he did in 1967...so he tells me:)
Youngest went as a twinkle in her Dad's eye.Have to say that eye looks somewhat outraged and appears to have got trapped inside the twinkle and behind a glass it would have preferred to be outside of. (Sorry, grammar falls by the wayside)

It's always worth taking a picture of Wally. And I like the little guy on the windowsill.
To return to today, when I went shopping, the sky very briefly did this. Which was nice

and later I got out the sewing machine and an ancient, beloved, tattered shirt of Barney's and let the machine rip (or in fact umm...un-rip). I particularly liked this effect and am considering doing a lot of it somewhere. It's some kind of zigzag stitch and though it may resemble a child's scribbling...er, well it does resemble a child's scribbling.
Young at heart, me :)

besides, a sewing machine you can scribble with! got to be done :)

6 comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Mel said...

OMG!

It's two in the morning and laughing out loud is really inconsiderate of those who are trying to sleep.

ROFL

I dig the purple hair, sexy mama!

LOLOL

Oh my gosh.....and himself is adorable with the hair and patchwork pants!

*giggling uncontrollably*
Blame the hour!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Kata said...

Groovy, groovy hippies! Way too funny Mig...I especially dig the twinkle in the eye!

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems I missed a good party - you both look fabulous - but hey ho, I was having a good time anyway! If you're not careful, I'll be sorting through my clothes to bring appropriate items for that rather splendid scribbling.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

love the mending stitch - and totally agree that it could be used to good effect as a decorative feature. . .

beautiful oeachy grey clouds!

looks like the party was fun!

the twinkle is brilliant!

is that you in the wig!? wouldn't have guessed. . .

and I so remember as a teenager trying to fit into clothes that were too small - what was that about?!

oh - what a fun visit this morning!

thanks, mig!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(blast - peachy grey clouds)

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I might take to wearing my hair purple Mel, it's quite good! And Barney does wear the patches (though sadly, not the wig) at Festivals :)

We certainly felt Groovy Mangey. (next day we just felt old but I think that was to do with bopping and drinking as well as not having purple hair and stuff anymore:)

Bring on the items Thursday...I may discover even more interesting things...I haven't even touched the stitches that are supposed to be decorative yet!

I wouldn't have recognised me I! I'm pretty sure it was though, mouth tightly shut to prevent purple wisps of plastic hair getting in. Phenomenal how much hair there is on one of those things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home