Thursday, January 04, 2007

learning mountain

much steeper than a curve!
Lap top is all rather cumbersome at the moment. I can't get firefox to work which means I can't use browsing tabs. This is driving me crackers. so I keep connecting to blogger or flickr and then finding that I just have to go back to the computer 'cos the slow business of learning the touchpad thing makes everything a bit laborious. Then I get blogger or flickr up and find I haven't done what I thought I had on the lap top (because I got cross and stopped in the middle) so I have to do it again.
I may become a bit schizophrenic before I learn how to use the LT.
Well and it didn't come with any office type software...or it might have done but it's a) Lotus, which I don't know, and b) seems to require me to go to Lotus and download the software giving them proof that I own the computer...no CD, just a brochure! Or do they want me to buy it separately? I've asked them but they haven't replied yet.
Still, I took it (and all its wires and things) to the sitting room last night and sat in a comfy chair and did quite a lot of not very much with it. It was quite fun.
And today I've connected a wacom tablet to it (Eldest suggested this as another alternative to mice) and now I shall take it next door and see if that's better.

I realise I am about to become very boring about the whole LT thing! You have been warned :)
Perhaps I'll do two sections to each post, a boring update on the LT and another bit which of course may be equally (but differently) boring:)

This is the scene of devastaion after the bonfire.
And this is the arty version :)
It was one hell of a bonfire :)

6 comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Whoa.

That WAS one heck of a bonfire!

*doing happy dance*
Do it again! Do it again!!

(I coulda been a pyromanic, easily!)

I like 'deep end of the pool' learning. You learn REAL fast--somehow I'm convinced you'll shine through this one yourself.

Wheeeeeeeee......what FUN!!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Mel your optimism is a tonic :)
I'm going to do a bit more steep learning immediately :)

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

bonfire?

I'm confused - thought it was New Year, not Guy Fawkes!

:-)

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

It's a very reasonable confusion I. We're all a bit pyromaniac (like Mel) in this family...we love a good fire:)
And we did a bonfire and fireworks for the millenium which was such fun, we did it again the next year (when everyone said that was the proper millenium) and the next year everyone said...Oh we've got the fireworks for your new year party already and we've done it ever since!
We don't do Guy fawkes though...small children, dark gardens and fires is a scary mixture even without the fireworks! And I was always scared of fireworks when I was little.

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Internet Explorer version 7 does tabbed browsing, so investigate that as an option. If you havent GOT 7, upgrade it by doing a windows update.
Lotus isnt really much use to the home user. It should have come with at least MS Word, or maybe MS Works?
Oops. Went into work mode there....

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thanks sam. I think I'm going to get myself MS word and might even go for basic office.
Firefox seems to be working now which is a relief as I like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home