Monday, January 22, 2007

The weekend came and went

(as they do) along with Frangelita, delivering what looked like most of the contents of her old place, lots of rain,sun, wind and other weather, the last of my returns sorted (except I now have to wait for a new roll seam foot to be sent to me), a solemn meeting about the future of the band (probably ok) and a small disaster in the kitchen involving curried chicken with lentils. Well I expect it'll wash out of my hair and the dog was very helpful about the floor and I suppose eventually the yellow stains will fade from the paintwork and surfaces!
And I sat down and backed up a large number of pictures and did some more deleting and tidying of files. If I really have labelled all the DVDs as conscientiously as I think I have I may still be able to find pictures from last year if I want to! and if the DVDs all work. It seems to take for ever to get to view them but they do seem to be there. DVDs are BIG!

There was water in the ford...first time for quite a while...and quite a lot of it too.
Also in the River Kennet.
More to come perhaps, although Barney says it's going to snow...isn't it cold all of a sudden :)
Sun shine on the way into town on sunday, I nearly didn't make it before Sunday closing hours. Then we wouldn't have had any dinner!
And sunshine again...well blue skies anyway, not sure about the sun, today on the way into Reading. My goodness it was a bit cold!
I hope you all had a good weekend :) I'm going to bed now. And I'm going to tell the computer to anti virus itself...apparently I haven't done for a while.

6 comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oh I LOVE that picture of the tree trunk with the light on it!!

and all the others, as usual, of course

I was only writing yesterday how full the river is where I am - contemplating all the rain that must have fallen up stream. . .

and yes, it's suddenly turned bitterly cold and I read in the paper too that it's going to snow (altho the clouds here today don't look like snow coulds) (you know, that look a sky has just before it starts snowing!)(and then I visited mel's dream and saw enough snow for half a county just in her back yard!)

hope your PC anti-v'd itself - I'm so averse now to letting mine tell me what to do after my pre-xmas update disaster. . . but it is getting awfully slow (which is something to do with a Trojan Horse apparently)

look at me - rabbiting on in your comments

many apologies!

why no photos of the lentil disaster? :-)

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Mel said...

*sigh*

One of the things the Brit loves about Iowa is how 'big' it is--how far you can actually see.
And I'm the one who romantasizes the charm of the hedges along the roadside.

One man's charm is another's aggrivation, apparently?

Wonderful photos--though I have to question how smart it is to put the car in water that deep....

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - that water does look deep and I also agree, why no photos of the lentil disaster?

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

You carry on rabbiting I. I Like it:)
I've been waiting for the heavy grey skies but they haven't come and tonight it's as clear and cold as....as could be. If there's going to be snow, it'll have to come pretty fast to get here before morning!
Trojan horses are bad aren't they?...can't your anti-virus thing get rid of it?

I love places where you can see for miles too Mel as long as there is something to see :) And charming hedgrows can be a bit of a pain when you're trying to see the charming view just behind them!!!
We tried the ford once in the days when it was always wet. Barney thought the kids would enjoy the big splash. And they did too but not the getting out and pushing when the car died :)

Oh, lentils. Well I was in the middle of cooking dinner and everything else was waiting for the lentils...had to mop up and run :)

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Perhaps we can trade snow photos then, as we got a whole 2" here the other day..unheard of in these parts! I love the swift water crossing photo..i'd be a bit nervous in that little beemer!

Love the other photos too,especially the tree and the road w/hedges!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Your snow was wonderful Mangey...quite majestic :) The beemer driver seemed very confident. It's possible he'd been there before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home