Friday, January 19, 2007

Next morning early (ish)

Jeannette Winterson; from 'Weight '
"There are two facts that all children need to disprove sooner or later; mother and father. If you go on believing in the fiction of your own parents, it is difficult to construct any narrative of your own."
I thought you might like that.*
Dawn :) or, " a few red bits" as Barney put it when he brought my cup of tea this morning. (He's a good egg.)

And sunrise.
I'm never sure...is dawn the bit before sunrise when clearly there's going to be a sunrise soon but it's not in view yet? Or is dawn just another name for sunrise?
*I'm not claiming to understand it...in fact now I've finished the book I can't quite recall why it seemed so strikingly sharp and meaningful at the time. Better read the book again :)

6 comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say that dawn is when it's starting to get light but before you actually see the sunrise.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Mel said...

I say 'how pretty'!!

Oh my gosh what a great sunrise!

*sigh*

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh Good. that's what I thought Thursday.
Thank you Mel:)

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

love the JW quote

I did Philip Larkin "they f*ck you up, your parents" yesterday and someone provided me with the whole poem

excellent

love blogging! (despite the glitches mentioned in your post above)

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I read the PL poem in your comments too...he's sort of right but wasn't he just the most miserable b*****d!
Yeah, I love it too :)
Oh and I just thought, there's a logical fallacy in the compulsive blogging thing. Compulsive bloggers answering yes to seven of those questions doesn't mean the same as 'everyone who answers yes to seven of those questions is a compulsive blogger'.
Not that it matters if you are, compulsion isn't addiction. Oops, I seem to have got stuck on that post :)

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

BTW that JW quote is a bit coincidental seeing as how I've just read your PL post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home