Thursday, April 03, 2008

Where the North wInd blows

I'm off up North again :) This time to the West side of the country to visit Eldest and his Northern Girl and (my) Older Sister.
Hoping to have time for a quick ramble in the Pennines and maybe a wander round lovely Lancaster City. I suspect I may also see some more snow :) If I'm really lucky, I may see it while rambling. And Lancaster being a small and wonderfully greystone place, seeing it there would be pretty good too. Failing that (there's a cloud over Lancaster at the moment and a drop of hail and some raindrops forecast for Saturday) then I will hope for something interesting in Manchester :)
So I'm currently packing, in my usual 'take everything I might ever need just in case' fashion and there's a huge heap of absolutely essential things on the dining room table :)
The rest is in my bag upstairs - except the boots, the tripod, the bungy bag, the brolly, the hat (Oh! mustn't forget the hat - there's wicked cold winds up there), the kitchen...nonono I don't need that, I won't be doing any cooking...but I will need the rubber gloves and the apron....

Ok. Now I need the glasses which I just packed at the bottom of the extra bag!
Enough of this.
I forgot to show you these sweet babes

And these chirpy blue tits
And what with all the packing and forgetting things, it would be wise to consider water

Ah! Peace.
I wish you all a peaceful weekend and the best possible weather :)

Labels: , ,

8 comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

sweet blue tits amongst the blossom. . . and that water with the twigs and branches dangling over

*sigh*

hope you have/had a good travel

XX

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Will have I :) I'n still trying to get away!!
Thank you anyway. When I finally get out of here I hope so too :)

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Not that answering comments was an unwelcome delay :) That's always nice :) Huh! I could have spent an hour over here and visiting if it hadn't been for the dog, the kitchen, the drying and the Bear's dinner!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Awwwwww.....birdies and baby cows.

:-)

What sweet things!
And what a fiasco, this packing stuff.
I say pshaw to it all and just take yourself on a shopping spree!

Yeah......riiigghhhhhhtttt! LOL

Happy journey, ma'am.
And I'll hope for you to have snow..while I hope for us to NOT.

((((((( Mig )))))))))))

My bestest to you and yours, of course!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

There are about 6 charity shops in Lancaster Mel so shopping isn't just a possibility, it's a necessity :)
It was a good journey, thank you both and (((((Mell))))) too :)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Charity shops!

I love sifting through, looking for treasures......

*doing happy wiggles*

Maybe I'll go treasure hunting today!
ANYTHING to be out of the house.....LOL FINALLY!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

ah! charity shops. . . some of the loveliest things I own are other people's odds 'n' sods, bits 'n' bobs that have been reused/recycled via a charity shop

happy pickings!!

:-D

(word ver: rummage-mig)(and I'm not kidding!)

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Rummage? Amazing :)
Charity shops are great aren't they :) And as well as acquiring wonderfully useless things, you can feel virtuous, both for recycling and supporting good works :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home