Monday, March 31, 2008

Places that have been saved up for the right day

There's a tiny lane I've been driving along for the last fifteen years or so. It's a bit of a rat run for people avoiding Thatcham and I used to use it to get the girls to Gym classes on time (which meant assuming not much traffic and driving a good deal faster than I would now consider safe -though I'm much slower all round now so that doesn't necessarily mean I'm any safer)
So I've driven past this bit of bank - oh - possibly a few thousand times in all kinds of weather and light. Naturally, for the past fifteen years I've been thinking "must stop and take a photo of that one day".
Well yesterday was the day :)
And then just recently I drove past an old gate and thought - Ah! 3.30 on a sunny evening when I'm not rushing to music group or shopping or lessons.
Then of course there was yesterday's 'shopping' expedition by the lake. With the sun shining and sparkles all over the water. And ripples and stuff.
And finally, the blossom has been out for ages but I keep missing the bits I really wanted in the light that would bring it out best. But yesterday was the day - all over again.It doesn't really take a lot to make me happy. Just an hour or four, in good light, in the right place, at the right time. I'm like a kid in a 'Ler Leckerland' (I'll tell you the story some time - my Dutch grandmother used to tell me it and it means, literally, 'the delicious land'. Where everything is made of lovely food')
Oh ok. Like a kid in a sweet shop. But we don't have sweet shops like that any more.

7 comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*happy sigh*

Amazing, the places we pass through and rarely make the time to appreciate.

Thank you for making the time!

And gosh, what lovely places.
Absolutely love the gate---and the lakeshore.
*happy sigh*
AND the blossoms!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well I was thinking Mel, that you might be needing a bit of blossom - seeing as how you don't seem to have got Spring yet :)

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Spring? LOL What's that?!

*sigh*
The Big Guy was all about April Fool's today.
Not only did He make it SNOW (yes, snow!) he sent the state inspector to the worksite just minutes after I'd left the unit....which meant that I got to do a u-turn.

And I was thinkin' it was the staff playing a joke on me. LOL
Nope.
They weren't!

Oy, oy, oy.....

Is it the 2nd yet? LOL

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Malcolm Cinnamond said...

15 years? Well worth the wait. Is Newbury really that lovely? I really should've stopped all those times I whizzed past on the by-pass.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh Mel! What a trick to play on you!
I can't believe you're still being snowed on! (state inspectors are just par for the course I imagine) But snow in April!
Thank you Malc How very nice of you to say so - it is beautiful if you're in the right place at the right time etc :) (I rather wish there was a bypass that could wizz me up to Westray though :)

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

*sigh*

more lovely blossom, more lovely water, a wonderful gate

just gorgeous

thank you

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

You're welcome I. Glad you like :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home