Thursday, March 27, 2008

Safety in places yes. But which places?

I'm about to fall asleep. So here are a few stars in case you should want to wish for something. Obviously they fell into the lake :)
(From this afternoon's shopping trip. Which somehow included the lakes down in Thatcham. The sun shone and it was all very very nice. One of those bits of time when you think 'well if I never get to do this again I'm glad I did it now')
I thought when we lost the hour, I would still be feeling wide awake and full of time to spare at bed time. Seems to be working the other way round which doesn't make sense. does it?

Well, the missing passports is a bit of a mystery. We are both sure we've put them in a 'safe' place. Possibly the same safe place or possibly two different ones. Of course, we both have many safe places around the house. So we both had a quick look in the obvious places- like my folder, inappropriately called 'passports, medical cards and other stuff'. Then we abandoned passports for such things as using another method of id and hurrying up because one of us was trying to finish off the dinner the other one had started.
Anyway, what with the passports and the fact that cooking had started a bit late, it was very late when we ate and for some reason, after dinner, I felt that a large strong coffee was in order. (?!)
So I didn't sleep very well. In fact I did a good deal of tossing and turning and wriggling feet which (unlike the rest of me) had gone to sleep. Then had wild dreams of passport hunting and dog sickness which made for an uneasy night.
I tried hard to oversleep this morning but failed miserably (due to anxieties about the dog and the passports - he couldn't really have eaten them and this obviously wasn't the cause of their vanishment or his upset stomach -but....)
So today started with a big passport hunt. During the course of which, I found a large number of unusable keys, a small embroidered bag which I had long ago given up for lost, a number of passport photos and photocopies (which will come in handy if we can't find the wretched things) and a dead mouse. Naturally.
Then what with the not sleeping I had to be very careful not to do anything really silly in my slightly zombi-ish state. Like locking myself out (oops, that was a close one) or making coffee in the sugar bowl (no problem, just had to think very hard for a moment), or, while throwing the contents of one cupboard onto the floor, DROPPING MY CAMERA!!!!!
Oooh! that was really scary. But it's alright, it still works and the little piece of lens hood that I found on the floor was obviously meant to be removable because it all clicked back into place quite neatly.
I read somewhere that lack of sleep can have effects which are very similar to the symptoms of Altzheimers. So now I have a good idea of what I shall be like if I finally go completely doolally :)
So I will really go to bed now!
Happy wishes to you all :)



*It's Sunday - please don't try and keep track of the days here, I lost it completely. Track, that is. And I've no idea if Blogger will post this before or after the Saturday post :)**
**Probably not at all - the connection is wobbly again. Pooh!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Mel said...

k.......make the dog cough 'em up. LOL

I dare say I chuckled multiple times as I read this.
But only because I find it all soooooo familiar.

Yup.
Darn near made coffee in the sugar bowl myself, this mornin'. LOL

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

*Chuckling too* *remembering the coffee without coffee :)*
(((Mel)))

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Himself doesn't refer to me as a "Hesperetic wreck" for nuffin'...LOL

Hmmmmmm......somehow I don't think he means that as a compliment. LOL

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Of course he does Mel- you're a classic :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home