Monday, March 10, 2008

So as it was our anniversary

And he was walking the dog to the pub, I went up in the car to collect them. They didn't get wet and the sun came out. I've been meeting him at the pub more often recently because, though I'm not really a pub person any more (having done all that pub thing pretty thoroughly when I was much younger) I can see that he likes me to join him and be around when he's chatting to his mates. Sometimes I find another photographer there which is always fun :) Yesterday, I spent a happy hour discussing the merits of a rather desirable Canon D30. Although I have noticed that Sony have brought out a new version of the ....Oh! Oops, sorry. I almost forgot, this isn't the pub and you are probably not really really interested in the details of which camera I might have been reading about recently. (Blame Thursday's Joe Brown - it was him that started me thinking about new cameras*)
There were going to be pictures here but Blogger's gone bloggy, Barney's playing blues and cooking in the kitchen and in 3 minutes and 4 seconds I have to go and remove spices from the rice and fluff it up and let the steam escape for 5 minutes.
So I guess pictures must wait.

Pictures waited and Blogger bloggied and - Oh well. Long story, long wait.
Outside the pub, last evening sun
Inside, music and shiny glasses and chat
And if you look at this large, you might be able to catch another glimpse outside the window
And here's a bit more music. And a nice curtain.
And now it's time to move on to other things. The kitchen for instance, as Barney was cooking while playing blues, and the dog, who as usual, thinks I'm about to give in and take him out. Which reminds me, there was one funny moment in the pub when I glanced down to see Nutdog poised to disgrace himself by the fireplace so I gave him a slap and then for good measure, gave Barney one too - he was holding the lead at the time so I felt he ought to have been aware of what was happening at the other end of it.
They both looked at me reproachfully.
So we all went outside - Barney to answer a call which presumably Nutdog had reminded him about (It's an outside gents), Nutdog to answer all the calls which had been left recently around the gate and flower pots and me ?Oh well. You know :)
Goodnight :)

*Not that I'm thinking about new cameras exactly. Not really. No.

12 comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger Sorrow said...

Please DO go on about camera's..I have never had a "real" Digital camera. Mostly I have the 15 year olds 49.995$ Kodak easy share point and shot digital camera. I'de love to know what you take all these marvelous photo's with and what camera is on your wish list. Maybe I can add it to my " when the kids are grown and schools paid for list...
LOL!

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ah Sorrow - you shouldn't encourage me!
Well, my current camera is panasonic DFZ30. It's lovely and quick and has a HUGE zoom and does good colour and I do love it. But it's very noisy and speckly in low light and I have this slight itch to upgrade to a DSLR. Can't quite settle on a wished for one yet as I've never used one but suddenly all the shops seem to have camera magazines with lovely cameras all over their front pages!

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

And I so remember that "when the kids are grown..." list :)

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the peak into your world and the narrative. The photography is wonderful.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh, Mig! Wonderful photos...and congratulations to yourself and Barney. Gosh.....old married couples make me smile lots...LOL We'll never catch up with 'em, mind you.
Well, I won't....LOL The Brit's got his half of the deal DONE already. *snickering*
k......I don't mean 'old' as in age--but in terms of....length of marriage?
'Cept I meant 'old' in reference to himself.....*snickering*
Oh how I go on and on and on...LOL

Congratulations Barney and Mig!!
Many, many more blessings to you both.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

How sweet of you aikaterine :)Thank you.

Thanks dear Mel :)
Now how's that again - he's old but he's not old but only in terms of marriedness - and the marriedness is only old in reference to himself.
Right.
Thank you for your blesings. And indeed most of all for the blessing of your friendship :) xxx

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Thursday said...

Oh yes you are thinking about new cameras :)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ooh nonono... no..... yes.
:)

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

congratulations!

and I'm sure you should not only think about a new camera, but treat yourself to one too. . .

XXX

(and then us, to more beautiful, wonderful photos!)

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank you I.
I'm sure I should treat myself too. I'm just not sure I can afford the kind of treat I want :)

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Mel said...

*sigh* Oh for a good ol' pub around these parts.

Afraid not!
Bars for pickin' up purposes....no music makin', friends gathering for a chat, meal servin' place.
Lots of people lookin' for something---but nothin' I'm interested in. LOL

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

They're dying out Mel. All turning into gastro pubs and restaurants. The locals had to spend a lot of time cozening and bullying the new landlord of our pub to stop it from turning into total restaurant.
(Mind you, to be fair, his staff have spent a good deal of free food on cozening us to keep coming. Seems to work :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home