Sunday, March 02, 2008

When I was a kid

We didn't do Mother's day. Possibly because we hadn't heard of it. My own mother died before it became accepted into mainstream culture.
So I find it hard to think about this event in advance and this year it was all so ridiculously early I'd completely not got round to remembering it. then Mel said happy Mother's day and I thought! Oh, the children have all forgotten. Oh well.
About half an hour later, youngest (the mother of GB =Gorgeous Babe) rang up and chatted to me for half an hour and said Happy Mother's day :)
About an hour after that, all unannounced, Middle girl and HF rolled up and we had hugs and dog walks and went to the pub to meet HF and Barney. While we were there, Eldest phoned and not only wished me happy mother's day but made interesting suggestions about money making from photos and demanded to know what I'd done with one of my photos which he'd wanted to show someone.
We rolled back home and the cooking of dinner got under way and Youngest and her lovely partner turned up! She only rang earlier so I wouldn't be suspicious that she (as a mother herself) hadn't remembered :)
We've had a lovely day :)
I am a contented bunny :)

I love those kids.

Dog walking pics

Pub garden pics


I am now very full of dinner and wine and general contentment and not typing very well so I will go to bed.
I hope your children also remembered and gave enjoyment. It's one of the things they're good at :)

Labels: , , ,

5 comments:

At 3:32 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Awwwwwwww....what sweethearts you have for kiddos!
(musta got that from their mom, huh?)

I'm so glad they surprised you--every one of 'em!

Happy Mothering Day again, Mig.
HEY.....we haven't had ours yet--you could celebrate twice!

:-)

(love the kissing trees, btw...and the gnarly branched one as well...go figure I love the photos as always!)

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Aaaaawwwwww! What great kids!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I beam happily at the very thought of them Mel :) and I think it's the first time all three have remembered simultaneously and without reminders :)
Oh and it's the first time I saw the kissing trees from a kissing angle Mel :) Usually I'm further up the field when I see them :)

Hello and how nice to see you here Dash :)
Yes :)

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Sorrow said...

Mig~
that is wonderful! So glad your children treated you to Love and the warmth of their company! Sounds so divine!
Happy Mothers day! May your days continue to be blessed...

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank you Sorrow :) I'm feeling pretty chirpy about them all I must say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home