Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Did the earth move for you too?

I've just sat on an earthquake!
No really, I mean it!
I was sitting in the dining room, reading 'the colour of magic' and my chair suddenly began to quiver. All by itself. And then moved, very much like the way it feels when your car starts moving. Only without going anywhere. And things dingled quietly and the house creaked a bit. A pheasant squawked outside. (but the dog and cats paid no attention whatsoever. Huh!)
And when I rushed upstairs to tell Barney about it (I felt this was something one should be woken up for) his glass of water was still rippling.
Golly!
I wonder where the rest of it was.

Ah. I've found it - here South of Kingston on Hull.

When I first looked at the map, there were only 50 odd responses. Just looked again and now there are loads.
Well I don't think Nutmeg and I will go out for a constitutional tonight. Sleep well.

Labels: , ,

2 comments:

At 3:22 AM, Blogger Mel said...

OH MY GOSH, Mig. Himself just told me there was an earthquake over there and I laughed.
He assured me it was no joke....and I came to check on people.
LOL Probably slept through it, mostly....obviously Barney did. But OH MY....

Rippling water, wigglin' chairs, squawking pheasants.
Himself was amazed the cat and dog paid it no nevermind.
As am I.

Grateful that all's well!
Rippling water....gosh...

*hugs and more hugs!*

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well I was shook up Mel! Even if the cats and dog weren't impressed.
I wonder how many times this happens before you get blase?
Pheasants of course will squawk and zoom off into the air at the slightest excuse :) They're quite dippy birds.
Thank you for hugs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home