Wednesday, February 20, 2008

There's a mouse in the house

Again.
Now, I'm a fairly tolerant cat owner but I do get cross when they bring in live mice and let them go in the kitchen so they can hide under the dishwasher. I know they think they are teaching their incompetent human pets to hunt properly and when I've given up trying to chase the tiny things out and catch them in the dustpan and put them safely in the woodpile, I usually shut the cats in the kitchen and tell them to finish the job properly. Sometimes I leave the back door open and shut the cats out. It all depends how lively the mice were when they hid.

But really, this is too much. the cat has just hopped onto her feeding shelf, the dog (usually quite gentle and protective when he catches one*) has gone to bed and the other cat is nowhere to be seen.
Course, I'm not much better, getting the camera out before removing the illegal immigrant.
Cute?
(s'ok, illegal immigrant has been tenderly deposited in the woodpile.)



*He always looks quite at a loss when his new little friend turns out to be DOA - probably having died of one shock too many.

3 comments:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger Sorrow said...

I had a dream last night that the dogs brought a live rabbit into the house, it was awful, furniture crashing , and gore. i feel so bad for the little critters, but I know it's the way of it.
The cat and i have an agreement, he leaves the lizards alone and i feed him. he touches the Lizards, and "oh dear! I forgot to buy kitty food." It works for us, he's smarter than everyone else in the house thinks!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Mel said...

LOL You're as bad as I am, Mig. I free spiders, after I take a lovely picture (which never turns out, of course).

I'm glad the mousie was freed.....and I'm sure he was so grateful for a safe ending to his adventure. Boy, the tales he'll tell! ;-)

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank heavens the dog has no talent for catching things Sorrow. He used to be as fast as a hare but totally baffled about what comes next! Phew!

I knew you'd be glad to hear about one that got away Mel :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home