Monday, March 03, 2008

sky eyed

I've been cat sitting - or more accurately, cat visiting (and feeding)
This has given me two benefits. Not only do I now get head butting, leg rubbing and assorted purring and squawking and snuffing from six hungry animals twice a day (instead of the usual three) but also, I get to drive some three miles through the loveliest countryside leaping out from time to time to take photos.
And as an added bonus, it's been gloriously sunny today and the the skies have been wonderfully, changeably clouded and lit.
Driving into town, I could hardly keep my eyes on the road and now I've got home the sky is still doing its stuff. I keep having to drop everything to rush outside with the camera yet again.

Meanwhile, the dog is moulting, my temporary charges across the valley are waiting for me and wev'e run out of bread.
And tonight, we're going to a quiz! I love quizzes. There are only three of us so far though so we might need to phone a friend now and then.

Midday
half an hour later
mid afternoon

early evening
I haven't done the sunset ones yet :)

3 comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Sorrow said...

Lord in heaven....
Your killing me!
here I am struggling to paint that intensely beautiful photo and you keep posting MORE!
What an eye you have!
You capture such vivid movement, and such expressions of something more.
Each one is it's own tale...
wow
sigh
back to my oils...
( oh and by the by, I posted my First layer of paints on the studio blog! Been at it all day...sigh)

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Mel said...

......whoa.........

k.

I think I'll have to just stare at these for a while.

(and then visit Sorrow's studio to see her masterpiece in progress)

Geeze.
And I can't draw a stick person to save my life......
NOR can I get the camera to find anything as beautiful as these.....

.......whoa......too cool.....

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh go on with you Sorrow :) Your work that I've seen is beautiful and your photos are lovely too. thank you for the compliments :)

Dear Mel, you also have taken wonderful photos of skies I seem to recall. And see, I don't do anything else but what you do is more precious to your kiddos than anything I could do with a camera.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home