Monday, March 17, 2008

Wet weekend

Some things to do

Take close-up photos. This is a fruit (?) nut (?) from one of the London Plane trees in Thatcham. They look like Christmas decorations on the tree :)
Sit in a traffic jam at the level crossing


Go to the Cornish Pasty shop for a coffee and admire the gleaming coffee machineSit in a traffic jam again
Rescue (but first photograph) a small upside down person with many helplessly waving legs
More coffee - fair trade Peruvian. (Cafe direct Machu Picchu)

As well as all this fun and excitement, I unwrapped and connected my new hard drive - more photo back up storage, cleaned lots of stuff, put all my clothes away and bought two extremely nice woollies from Oxfam. Pale blue fluffy with LONG sleeves and soft sage green with a floppy neck. Amazingly, I can play the fiddle with either of them (soft fluffy woollies have a way of being slithery to a fiddle) and so far I haven't dropped any blobs on either!
Also, my back has been bad. It's having a new thing of suddenly stabbing me in the back - Ah, well um stabbing me anyway about halfway down on the left hand side. And occasional pinpricks somewhere in between the shouldr blades. No obvious cause but it seems an hour on the computer, half an hour on the fiddle and an hour's reading are my current limits. These times decrease as the day goes on. I am cross. There's no need for this sort of thing. Surely?
The inconvenience is enormous and the pain is causing a certain amount of blue comment and undignified squawking.
And no, straightening the poor old slouchy thing doesn't help. Though I know quite well it's my lousy posture that has brought it on me. Bah Humbug!
Eventually I will identify the cause and find a way of avoiding it without stopping doing stuff. Over the years me and the battered back have worked out several such arrangements so that now I carry with me an assortment of rests and supports and such like wherever I go.
Eventually the back will find another cause to grumble and we'll have to start all over again.
Bah Humbug!
Squawk!
(Currently sitting bolt upright and preparing to take the dog out. The rain has stopped and it's a sunny/cloudy/sunny/cloudy day - gorgeous :)
May the sun shine on you wherever you are (even in Iowa :) and do look after your back ok?

Especially in Iowa. and London. And Westray and wherever you live, Dash and Sorrow and Norfolk (I bet Dave wasn't expecting that - not that he'd know) And Abingdon and Oxford and Lancaster (both of which last have special places in my heart as well as Reading -though I doubt my youngest ever reads this or indeed any blogs)
And here of course - just a couple of miles across the valley (((Thursday and JB)))
Not to mention Portsmouth, Wales and Ireland and very importantly Rochdale. And London - Oh I mentioned London already but this is a different bit, near the Grand Onion.
I'm just basically sending out wishes for light and goodness everywhere I can.
Which also includes such delightful and thoughtful people as Gordie and Craig but to be honest, the cooker is beeping and I'm aware that I can't actually remember everyone I want to before its two minute beep period runs out. If I missed you, put it down to age and a couple of glasses of wine Ok?

Labels: , , , ,

12 comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Awwwwww........what lovely photos, even of the rain!
And how lucky for you that you had coffee in that coffee....LOL
Wish that'd been how the mornin' started out here, but alas....not so.

I'm about to make myself a cuppa coffee WITH coffee--and see if I can enjoy what's left of the evening. (which is entirely up to me, I realize!)

Thank you for the wellwishes, madam--they're happily and joyously received, indeed!

*hugs*

And justsoyaknow---the chicken photos made my whole DAY!

(((((((((( Mig ))))))))))))

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Sorrow said...

I got such a giggle! Not only was i NOT the only soul to think there was a picture in the back ends of auto's but You posted them too! Made myself feel connected to you on some level.
I'm gonna post a warning, i have finished the painting and posted it at WP.
I can't thank you enough for letting me play... Now if only my painting ability could do justice to your fantastic photo's.. ahh well maybe next lifetime!
Thanks for the wishes , Much warmth , light and laughter to you as well my dearest!You sure do brighten my day!

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

So funny looking at your two blogs and realising that while I was doing coffee and traffic, so were you :)

Ah but what a shame for you Mel! I'm so glad you're getting a proper cup now :)

Well if you can't escape from it, take photos is what I always say Sorrow. Traffic, rain, whatever :)
I'm off immediately to lookat your painting :) So exciting!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Ohhhhhhh........

*gonna go peek at the painting!*

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Mel said...

OMGosh......

Absolutely amazing....
I'm so proud for you, Mig....and really pleased Sorrow captured the essence of the photo so well!

(((((((((( Mig ))))))))))))

Another day makin' moment!
:-)
Absolutely amazing.....

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Amazing is the word Mel!
I've gone all pink - again :)
Quite an artist, that lovely Sorrow, hey?

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I used to have terrible back trouble - a few times I literally could not move. . .

. . .for days

tried all sorts of things, but what sorted me out was a physio who taught me some exercises to strengthen the muscles around my lower abdomen - you know, a combination of really basic things like: holding your tummy in, not standing tilted, remembering to do your pelvic floors and clenching your bum muscles (but all at the same time!!)

hasn't done much for the outer tone (ie still have a flabby tummy and a saggy bum) but HAS sorted out the inner muscles and I haven't had back ache since. . .

and sorrow's painting is incredible

does your original photo justice, IMHO!

(oh yeah, and I bought one of those expensive mattresses too, the shape remembering thingymebob mattresses. . .)(but not the hard one, a slightly softer one - hard mattresses are really bad for your back; you need firm underneath and a soft layer on top)(apparently)

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Mel said...

LOL I just sat a bit taller.

*suckin' in the tummy and....ummmm.....doing rearendus thingies*

LOL

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ah, I've yearned after one of those matresses I. But settled for a pillow fom Ikea. It stopped my neck cricking!
Thanks :) I'll try the tummy thing! And of course the rearendus bit Mel :)

(Youngest got shown that stuff when she had a bad back so she can tell me how :)

 
At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would have thought such simple things could be so photogenic? You have a real eye - I'm envious. :-)

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

forgot to say how much I like the phtots - especially the raindopr blurry one and the cafe in the coffee machine one. . .


:-)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh Hi Kathy :) Nice of you to drop by.
That coffee machine has been catching my eye for a while I. It was nice and quiet in there the other day and sunny so I dared a picture - The boy making the coffee looked a bit quizzical :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home