Thursday, March 20, 2008

Face

Book!
Oh dear. I am now on Face Book.

Family sent me a million pictures of a brand new baby together with an invitation to join FB. Great. Had to join to say congratulations (yes I know I could have done it by phone, email or even post but I'm such a tech-dependant creature these days)
So now, as well as blogs, flickr and good old fashioned email, I have Face Book to keep up with!
And last night, intending to have a quick flick round Flickr contacts, I inadvertantly discovered this site and spent the rest of the night looking at all the pictures on it over and over again. Just unbelievably beautiful stuff! I daren't look at them again now because I need to get stuff done and If I so much as glance at them I'll be off in wonderland for another hour or three!
Tomorrow, having sorted the dog and cats (heartfelt gratitude to Thursday) we are off to Leeds to do spring (?) gardening and pruning for Beautiful Barney. (Sister in Law - author of 'A Handful of Earth') She needs Barney Bear's large ladders, tools and strength as well as pick up truck for transport of prunings to dump!
Maybe I will see some snow! The weather forecast for Leeds has a little black cloud, one snowflake, two raindrops and half a sunshine on it's icon. Could mean anything really!

I tidied up my bookmarks. Now I can't find any of them.
I tidied up my photos. Now I can't find any of them!
I tidied up the kitchen hoping all that washing up would vanish. Regrettably I can still find all of it :(
I looked thoughtfully at the dirty clothes and realised that probably, they also won't vanish if I tidy anything.

Meanwhile, FB is going swimmingly. Not only have I posted replies to messages in the wrong place, I've suddenly become friends with dozens of people I already knew I was friends with* and I have received a butterfly and a hatching egg. This will hatch while we're away but I know it's not going to hatch into a donkey**. Further, if I wish, I can make my plain and boring profile more interesting if I install the 'zwinky' application. Wow!
It's now irritatingly, flashing a caution at me. Apparently I've won a prize. Hmm.
It's awfully busy, this FB thing. Doesn't want to be ignored. I've closed the tab. It's a young person's thing, constantly saying "look at me look at me I've done something else look look!"***


Well, Spring must be half sprung! Here are white violets.
And in honour of the weather being dry (though not at all warm or bright) me and Nutdog went a-walking and encountered Harlequin. Who watched me watching him without any sign of alarm before leaving with a multicoloured ruffling of huge fur. (I have no idea who he really is but if he's not called Harlequin, somebody surely missed a beat)
So later, naturally, the sun shone. Making it clear that while other people may be cleaning their windows, I am not.
Now I have to pack and sort and just generally prepare for travel into the Frozen North. If there's time I may look up one of my (new) old (FB) friends :)
Have a wonderful Easter won't you. I do hope the sun arrives finally in all the cold places (except Leeds - I'm still hoping for snow). Beautiful Barney does have internet so I may be able to post. Who knows :)
xxx

*each new friend arrives with at least one, sometimes two, emails.
**But one of the joys of the virtual 'verse is that it could have hatched into a donkey :)
***Still, it is a jolly useful way to shout and wave across the country to people who didn't get the email or don't read the blog or have moved away or are having babies :) And it does seem to be more communicative than competitive. In our family anyway :)
And I quite like the idea of sending people a 'poke'. Which reminds me, Eldest hasn't confirmed me as a friend yet. Should I 'poke' him I wonder?

Labels: , , , , ,

4 comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Sorrow said...

You must explain to me why you like Tangents photo's...please/ I have a feeling they are going to give me nightmares tonight...
Is it the high end photo shop work?
they all seem rather dark and loomy...
Hmm
well here's fingers crossed for snow, a safe journey
there and back again...
and a deep sigh for the lovely photo's,
I like dirty windows, especially yours!( the view is welcoming!)

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oooooh what a beautiful cat!

ours, having had four black kittens just before xmas, has been busy in the garden with a ginger tom. . .

The Teen said if she has ginger kittens he'll rub two of them together to make fire, because they are EVIL

(Teens must know about these things - I think they'd be cute, and change from all the black/white/black and white ones we've had over the last few years)(and my very first cat was a ginger)(I digress)

I hope you have snow if you want it - would make for some lovely photos! have a lovely Easter break

XXX

(I shall now add you to my collection of friends on facebook and find something to send to you!)

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh noooooooooo......not facebook! LOL She's moved into 'the dark side'...... ;-)

I definitely have my hands full with what I have today. Though, ya know, the thought of pokin' someone IS rather enticing. LOL

Hugs to you and yours--and a good time for all with the trip to SIL's.
Safe journey!
And a very joyous Easter holiday to you, Mig.

And I gotta say, the link holds some very creative works.
BUT......I like the simple beauty of the violets peeking out at me bestest.

Oh PLEASE let the sun find me....LOL I'm sooooo ready for suntea with fresh lemon!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I love the colours and textures Sorrow and the contrasts and delicacy. They are a bit inward looking, even claustrophobic, I know but to me that is intriguing. They remind me of Victorian fairy tale illustrations which admitted to the creepy nature of the fairy tales even as they made them delicate and beautiful.
Anyway, we had a lovely weekend thank you :)

I'm told that Harlequine must be a she I, something to do with tortoiseshell genetics! So one day I may encounter her with kittens :)
In which case I shall attempt to test their evilness - though I suspect that rubbing two kittens together with only get you static and small claws! However I am enchanted with the teen's idea :)
(Looking forward to a Face to Book encounter :) xxx

Wishing sun for you Mel :) you certainly are due a good lot of it - I can't believe you're still getting (apparently) all the snow in the world!!!!
Well, maybe I exaggerate a bit :)
D'you think I shall survive FB? It's awfully busybusybusy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home