Tuesday, March 25, 2008

At last

SNOW!
:)
I am a happy bunny.

Snow in Gipton Wood
Blue and white and snowy trees in Gipton Wood
Snowy skyline at the gate to Gipton Wood
A view of snowy Leeds from the other gate to Gipton Wood
And a half thawed drop of snow. At SiL's gate :)
I like Leeds. And Gipton Wood (in case you hadn't noticed)
We had a great weekend. We pruned (at least Barney did) and walked the streets and Gipton Wood* (me) and went to stamp shops (Barney) and ate lots of lovely dinners (all of us) and did an Easter egg hunt (SiL's beautiful daughter and friends) and got variously hot, cold, wet, dry and windblown. It was very cold out and very warm in:)
Now my feet are frozen (home hasn't properly warmed up yet) and I need to tuck them into bed.
More tomorrow. Hope you had a lovely Easter. I'll be coming to visit you all tomorrow :)
It's nice to be back :)
xxx

*Gipton Wood is one of the little, delightful green areas tucked in between large estates and old houses and huge supermarkets, with which Leeds abounds. Two minutes away from SiL's house and sloping dramatically down to the main road. People walk their dogs there and children take their bikes and parents there and assorted youths and teenagers wander around in it. Elderly people hobble through it and it's crisscrossed with paths and banks and rooted with big, old trees with marvellous convoluted crowns and tall straight trunks. A little heaven.

Labels: , ,

10 comments:

At 2:13 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*chuckling*

Oh look!
Snow!

*snickering* Himself told me to remind him, come next October when the snow starts falling AGAIN, what this winter was like.

He thinks that'll keep him from being excited about seeing it back. Silly fella.......by the time October rolls around this will all be a distant memory.

Beautiful photos---and who wouldn't love a walk-about there!

Welcome back!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Sorrow said...

Mig~
Oh!
and OH Oh Oh!
We got a bit of snow to..felt like being in a snow globe...
The little one ran about trying to catch flakes on her tongue.
She dashed down to the Gnomes house and knocked on his door and yelled" Oh do come out! It's snowing!"
It was a treasure moment!
So glad you had a good time
and have the wonderful photo's to prove it!!!
welcome back!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank you both for the welcome :)
It's always nice to come home. Even if there's no snow here - actually it's quite nice being able to leave it behind. You do forget what a pain it is after it's hung around for a while :)
On the other hand, you wouldn't want to miss that first moment of excitement Mel :) So forgetting's not such a bad thing?

Love the idea of being in a snow globe Sorrow :) Oh and so lovely, the little one inviting the garden life to join in the fun :)

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I love snow globes! :-D

that first picture is quite magical mig - one of your beautiful photos of paths thru woods. . .

:-)

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Ohhhh.......there's a widgetty thingie with a picture you took in it!

How cool is that?!
:-)

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

And I, do you see the two ladies pausing in their dog walking to have a lengthy conversation about, well, whatever :)
The trouble is, I take so many photos of paths through woods! They always work the best and then I think "Oh - another path through a wood!" I wonder if this is saying something about me, like Sorrow's spirals :)

It was quite a surprise to get the email asking if they could use my photo Mel :) I went all pink and beamed a lot :)

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(blast - blogger ate my comment!)

it was something about being reminded of the Frost poem, The Road Not Taken. . .

. . .and loving the potential of a path

(and then I was sidetracked waiting and watching for your photo/s to come up on the widget-thingy)(I saw a river, I think!)

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

It's the River Avon taken from the Clifton suspension Bridge I.

I've had so many comments swallowed on the internet recently I forget where I've been and what I've said. I'm tempted to blame global warming!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

and why not. . . (despite the cold weather we're currently having!)

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well I will then :)
IT'S ALL THE FAULT OF GLOBAL WARMING. See :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home