Friday, April 04, 2008

Well I got here ok :) And Eldest's internet and my laptop remember each other so how about that :)
I swooped past Abingdon (Hi Beep) and Oxford (Hi Fran) and away up the M40 and the M42. The sun shone and it was all very good apart from the leftover tail back from am earlier accident on the M6. Later, amazingly swiftly, I swooped past Manchester (Hi elder Sister, see you in a couple of days) and Preston and Chorley (Hi Barney's cousin). Round about then I could see the cloud over my destination (remember, a cloud above Lancaster) but it wasn't till I was almost in sight of Lancaster that the rain appeared. The Pennines looked fantastic in the distance - like a beautiful woman, they can wear any weather and look as though that's how they are supposed to be.
And now, after a great Chinese takeaway, I am feeling very satisfied and comfortable and being kept company by Marmite. Tomorrow we may go into Lancaster and then if I'm very lucky we might go to Grizedale in the Lake district. Perhaps even to the Sculpture park :) I haven't asked yet but that would really be something. Oh and the Met office is promising a cloud with a raindrop and half a sunshine on top. Which sounds good to me:) Looks as though the snow will wait till I'm in Manchester.
Well I don't know if there are any photos to show you. I didn't have any on the laptop so unless I have some good stuff on the camera there won't be any.
Nope! Loads of entirely random and not very interesting snaps. I was rather concentrating on getting here :)
And now I have a dilemma. I could go and get the tripod and take a photo of the night time shadows in the tiny garden. but it's very cold and of course I could go visiting. and the garden will still be there tomorrow. So of course will you :)
I know. I'll go to the loo.
And then, after a last ciggie in the (eldest's) garden I shall go to bed. I tried visiting but after three visits everything started taking too long to respond and Oh look, it's about to happen here too.
So maybe it's not just my internet connection that's gone wobbly. Since I am using a different connection and am hundreds of miles away from my usual one as well as using the laptop instead of the pc.
I shall say goodnight and see if I can publish.
Goodnight:)
Never say I don't keep my promises :

4 comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Arrived safe and sound! YEAH!!

(((((((((( Mig ))))))))))))

I've no doubt you'll have wonderful adventures!
And since they're promising 60 degree weather today, I'll be outside playing in the mud--while you're hoping for snow and a tromp through the park!

But the daffodils are up! And the yard---is a mess.

:-)

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

:-)

(love that last ciggie of the day. . .)

XXX

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Adventures indeed Mel :) And well done those Daffs!!! I do hope you're finally getting warmed up:)
Dear I, I thought of you while puffing peacefully on the back doorstep!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger the Beep said...

waves

 

Post a Comment

<< Home