Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Up and Down day




So, for the next four or five or forty days, you may get nothing from me but a litany of woe and a diary of how the computer is doing with my backing up of photos. And some alarming typos as I get more and more bored and irritated.
But I do have news, all very mememe but very exciting for me nonetheless :)

One of the lovely Newbury Flickr group has a spare DSLR camera. You know how I was saying a while ago how I needed one to play with to see if I really want to spend money on one? Well this lovely, kind and understanding person offered to lend me his old Nikon D80 to try out.
Coo! And Wow!!! And what a generous person :)

So you may also get a flood of photos from the window next to the computer.
Meanwhile, as I said, I cleaned windows yesterday. It's a measure of how rarely I do this that I've got aches in new places (in a good way though). But what with the clean windows, they ought to be very, er, clean photos! I'm constantly stopping in my tracks to look through them. The windows that is. It's quite an enlightening experience :)
But this morning the water was off. Fortunately, Barney Bear discovered this just before using it all up so there is enough for my coffee :)
On the other hand I have to make my second visit to the Hygienist this afternoon. (Of that I will say nothing except GaaaH!)
I wonder when the water will come back. I wonder if there's enough left upstairs to clean my teeth (GaaaH!). I wonder if I have time to clean another window or two :) I wonder when the lovely photyographer will contact me about hi camera :) ))

And look what I found in my clean window! A ripple :)
I don't know what the bee found but he wasn't a very patient model :) Buzzing about all over the place he was!

(I let him out quite quickly though) I just realised what he found though! A big smear. I shall have to go an remove it!

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

lovely bubble ripple thingy in your window!

:-)

and what a nice person, lending you the camera

XXX

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Wow.

I'm lovin' the kindly person who's gonna loan the camera.

*hangin' head*
....k.....some of that's selfishly motivated--cuz I'll get photos!

And WOW I'm lovin' the ripple in the window....and the buzzy bee that got freed.

:-)

<--- can put up with lots of photos and lots of ramblings.
*nodding and chuckling*

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

My faith in human nature has been boosted :)
Didn't need restoring as long as you two lovely people come visiting :)

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

you two are lovely people too!

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

(((((I and Mel)))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home