Thursday, August 07, 2008

I got it!!!!

Just thought I'd say.
I think I may never go to Ikea again :) One of the funny things about the trip was turning, as instructed, into the Valley Park turn off and heading for the Croydon IKEA chimneys*followed by several other cars. Obviously all going to the same place since when we arrived in a deserted scrap yard, we all drove round in small circles with much pointing, gesticulating and expressive face-making to return to the proper Valley Park turn off and head once again for the chimneys.
And there were compensations on the homeward journey in spite of rain and horrible traffic on the M25.
Well, this morning, I looked out of the bathroom window and watched house martins flying in and out of their nests under the eaves and one solitary hare, motionless in the field. The sun had a brief flirtation with the tree tops and vanished. A cat paced (very deliberately, crunching noises accompanying every step) across the newly shingled drive and a blackbird flitted to the top of the apple tree and did a very impressive imitation of the phone ringing. After a while, I realised that the real phone was also ringing. Thus the odd stereo effect.

Today it's back to the filing. I wonder how many photos our holiday companions would actually like to see? There's 355 in the holiday folder and I've only worked my way through the first two and a half days :) (That's 355 which have been cut out of the rubbish and made pretty for viewing!)
Me? Dead? Not a bit of it. I may be getting a bit deaf in me old age though.


*I think it's a bit of cheek for IKEA to appropriate these chimneys. I'm sure they've been a Croydon landmark since long before IKEA was so much as a financial gleam in the eye of some Swedish entrepreneur!

3 comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

Wish I could have seen you and all the cars pull onto then out of the wrong place! Love your photos of the ride home. Such GREENness.. Love your resurrected Cat. He looks quite content.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

That's a great story about your cat. And somehow it goes perfectly with the story of random strangers all driving around the chimneys, perplexed, in search of Ikea...

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Yep :) Cat content, people funny, and greenness good Betty :)

I think IKEA = perplexity ovagirl :)
And of course a dead cat which isn't can lead in a similar direction!

Well, in this household Mel, I am the one who wrestled with computers, Barney is lord of the TV and I am the IKEA queen :) (though I have been known to accept help from a friend - a female friend naturally- with similar abilities :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home