Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Resurrection

I had a nasty shock today.
I was planning to hoover (or, more properly, Sanyo) the dining room.
Mandu, my little tabby cat was sleeping peacefully on the floor so not wishing to shock her into a heart attack or anything like that, I made a fair amount of hoover-arriving noise.
There was no response. So I switched on at the wall and found that last time I used the infernal thing, I hadn't turned it off so it started up. So much for sparing the cat's anxieties.
Only she didn't react. Not a twitch of a whisker. Suddenly apprehensive I stared at her peaceful form.

After a minute, I prodded her, very gently (and rather gingerly as I have to admit to a slight squeamishness about, well, about - that sort of thing). No response.
Ooooh!
Oh dear!
Oh No!!!!! Not my naughty, anxious little mouse murderer....not, dead?

I sat and looked at her still form and then thought, well, she looks so peaceful and just as though she's sleeping, I ought to take a photo.
So I did.

Whereupon, she twitched an ear, opened one eye, blinked up at me and then sat up and had a good wash.

My word, I had that hoover (Sanyo) going like a shot! Full blast and with lots of energy. (after giving her a quick stroke and a welcome back shove, out into the kitchen)

Meanwhile, on the Ikea front, I've been chasing my desk (the one which has been discontinued). I've whinged at some length to the customer Services department and attempted to find out if the Croydon store really has 77 still in stock - only the store wouldn't answer the phone when the CS lady tried to phone them.
But it seems possible they still have some. And this morning, I thought I'll make one last effort. So I rang and my new CS lady looked up Croydon and said yes they have the item, 44 of them.
Just out of devilment, I said how about Wembley?
Oh, well they have 35 in stock but it's also coming up as discontinued.
So could she check and find out what's the truth?
Oh well, I'd have to ring after 10 am.
Yeahyeahyeah. So will they answer their phone I wonder.
:(
Wembley seems a little less of a marathon journey than Croydon but it's still an weary long way into the scary big city on the chance of a different kind of resurrection :)
Also I've almost run out of tobacco. Though I have plenty of sugar :)
Ok. 10 oclock arrives and now I am on hold, waiting for Wembley to tell us their story!
It's all really outresting don't you think?
A few raindrops to accompany the piped music :)

3 rather lovely old fellows playing some really beautiful blues on steel and slide guitar (quite the dreamiest sound and much nicer than the piped music). These three British Blues singers, Richard Cox-Smith, Sonny Black (aka Bill Boazman) and Mike Cooper are among the best. And on this evening, Mike Cooper and Bill Boazman were reunited for the first time in - oh, lots of years. Great music :)

Oh, pooh. Wembley won't answer but Croydon has 44 in stock. I'm off. It's taken me 3/4 of an hour to get this far, which is nowhere!
Wish me luck!

(probably I forgot to mention that normally the appearance of the hoover causes all cats to leave precipitously without so much as a faretheewell and the dog to have a kind of anxious 'play?', 'fight?', 'be friends?', 'Waaah!!! got to leave now' dance, in and out of the room.)

6 comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*crossing fingers and hoping!*

And omgosh what a scare that cat gave me. LOL

Silly cat.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Mel said...

k.....I'm really, really liking the new lens.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Yay! (a rather weary yay) I got it!
(Thanks for the crossed fingers Mel :)

Resurrected pussy cat features in next post :)

(Me too :)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Betty F said...

I'm so glad your cat is ok. That would have been just awful! Congrats on the getting the desk!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Ikea, bless 'em. We've been waiting for a kitchen island for a year. We've kind of given up.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Love em to bits Malc :)+
(Very bad puns about islands come to mind. I shall shut up now)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home