Tuesday, August 05, 2008

There they are :)

Last nights boggled pics :)
(I hope I haven't posted them already :)



It's raining and the cat got shut in the bathroom this morning. You don''t want to know about that though. Honestly.
Shall I travel lots of miles to another Ikea or shall I do filing? Can't decide.
.
.
.
.
Ok, three phone calls for Barney (who's at work*), some map study and lot more rain later I've decided to stay at home and tidy and file. By the time I'd been properly polite and informative to all three customers it was getting a bit late for an early start to head for the wilds of Surrey in search of a unknown Ikea and a desk. How much do I really want this desk?
I think maybe I'm just being stubborn, though it does have exactly the adjustableness and shelves I need and if I hadn't been chasing up and down the motorway for the last six months it would be very reasonably priced.
I'm going shopping (for dinner and dog food) now.

*We're always amazed by people ringing a thatcher at 11am and expecting him to be by his phone. Do they think thatchers take an office up the ladder and park it on the roof while they're working?

8 comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

what peaceful images

:-)

lovely

thank you!

(glad you got the better of bloomin' blogger in the end)

XX

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(hope Barney's wasp stings are not too stingy anymore)

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Zig said...

A desk, Himself needs a desk - he has taken over the dining table, get 2 while you're there would you?!

Beautiful images as ever :)

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I always find water images restful I I think water is basically 'a good thing' :) And thank you, Barney's stings have shrunk to itches :) I suppose that's an improvement!

Barney uses the dining table to 'store' random stuff ranging from newspapers to ear defenders (very grubby ones) Ziggi so maybe I should get him an alternative to dining table as well. Ok, my list is getting longer again :) It'll almost be worth the trip at this rate!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Well, I for one, am glad you puttered around at home cuz I got photos to see (no thanks to persnickety blogger!)

I do hope himself is healing and the evil wasps leave him alone!

I kinda laugh at himself who's frustrated that he can't get hold of a roofer at 1pm....I think I'll show him this post instead of laughing at him and shaking my head? LOL He is SOOOOO silly.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

Beautiful Photos. Your pictures always speak; whether it's softly or not. Good luck with the ikea thing. Maybe you could buy in on line?

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Trouble is Mel, they think thatchers are rich people who work in an office and send lads out to climb ladders and do the thatching.
Well I'm always happy to provide pictures :) So it's nice that y'all like to see them - means we're complementary see :)

Thanks for hearing the pictures Betty :)

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

These are gorgeous Mig. And...a thatcher, wow, I find that mindboggling (as I gaze out the window at rooftops in suburban Sydney). Any chance of a photographic series based on thatching?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home