Sunday, July 20, 2008

Shiny :)

I did say I'd post pics of new shiny things :)
I cleaned the cooker yesterday even though it still looks so dazzling compared to the old one that it was hard to believe this was necessary!

And after spending ages trying to capture facets and smoothness and soft gleamings, I caught a lucky ray of sunshine. That'll do for now :)
I have to go shopping now or we won't have anything for dinner. Though after last night I'm not sure I have room for dinner yet :)
Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Soon it'll be another day, another week another time for new things :)
(Which reminds me, it's almost time for me to start panicking about the family party. Oops, I need a hair cut! Oops even more, I need to clean the house and find places for everyone to sleep! Not our children though or two of their partners or the three granchildren. All three of the dear ones have somehow managed to book holidays, or some such nonsense for next weekend! well at least there'll be one more room for people to sleep in :)
Speaking of sleeping, sleep well :)

Labels: , , , , ,

12 comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Zig said...

"cleaned the cooker"

I may have to report you to Blogger for that obscenity!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I too thought this a novel idea

;-)

but, just look at the results! (I may have to try this one day. . .)(the oven cleaning)

the family party. . . I still recall last year's; so glad you have a family and they brings you such happiness

:-)

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

how funny - we're overlapping! you're chez moi and I'm over here. . .

yes, light is incredible, eh

and you capture it so brilliantly

:-)

((((((((((mig)))))))))))

(that felt good!!)

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

It was only a displacement activity Ziggi, Honest! I just didn't want to clean the floor, the hob, the windows, the bathroom or the downstairs loo. So I started with the cooker as it didn't actually need doing :)

And I'm only doing that I because it's only about two weeks old! If I could keep it like that now, that would be a novel idea :)

Overlapping is fun :)
I wonder if you got to see the moon tonight? Speaking of light.
(((((( to you too )))))))
xxx

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always happy if I can just cut a path through the debris and make it to the cooker.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

In my kitchen, normally you'd need a machete for that 'shot :)
While the cooker is still new and shiny, it's lighting the way - if I don't keep it like that, I may lose it in the undergrowth (before it stops working from old age and layers of evil stuff!)

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

wow - a few days later and it's still looking shiney!!

;-)

XXXX

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

Oh Good luck on your family gathering. I go into panic mode some times when they'll all be here at once!
Love your cooker. It's very shiny

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I plan to make it stay that way I , for a period of time which I shan't predict. Just till I get used to it probably :)
xxx

Thanks Betty :) we spent two hours making a shopping list last night - I say 'we', because what I did mostly was say yes and write things down :)
(Glad you noticed the shininess :)

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Mel said...

OH my.

To heck with the cooker--look at that shiny ring!
OH my!!!!!!

k...
Methinks himself did a stand up job with the ring.
OH my.

And about that cooker......I'm guessin' since I've surrendered the cooking to himself, the cleaning of the stove goes with it.
Wild guess since I'm the one who's NOT cleaned it forever.....and it's shiny and lookin' like it's not been used. LOL

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I wish my Himself did cleaning as a part of cooking! He does plenty of cooking but um, cleaning? What's that?
(Oh you men that gnome, pixie thing that clears it all up when he's asleep in front of the telly :)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Still, he did do rather well on the ring front so I suppose I must let him off the cleaning:) (For a while)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home