Saturday, July 12, 2008

No titles. I can't be doing with titles today.

My daughter is teaching her fiance salsa in the kitchen. Is this appropriate?

Well whatever turns them on :)
We've had a long and complicated discussion about the wedding - mainly complicated by Barney thinking of lots of 'very important questions' that needed to be asked. Like how many beer drinkers will there be and did he really say he'd organise the beer?

We've had a very pleqsant day but it's also been a long one. So I shall leave you with some poppies and a bit more stormy sky (since that's the kind that are mostly available at the moment :)

The white poppies are opium poppies, grown locally, under a government licence, for making morphine. I find them a bit colourless, personally, but it's been a bit of a challenge to get a good photo out of something I don't much care for!
And the frilly bits are pretty :)

As for the skies, no excuse needed. I just can't resist a good sky :)
Having abandoned salsa in the kitchen Fran and HF came and took over my brain training game. Oddly, though her scores seemed to be better than mine, Fran seemed to end up with an older brain!
However, after they'd gone to bed, I (naturally) had to have a go and now my brain is a year older than last time I did the game!
What's more, though I promised pictures of my pebble I'm finding the photography of a diamond rather difficult. So that may take a little longer. It's very pretty though and sparkles in a very satisfactory way :)
I'm not visiting tonight - too knackered. But love anyway and hopefully tomorrow my brain will have regained it's lost year. Maybe two :)
G'night.

6 comments:

At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where else would one teach salsa but in the kitchen? Otherwise the tomatos and cilantro get all over the place! :-)

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I should be grateful then?
You're right 'shot. They were in the best place.

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*snickering*

Salsa in the kitchen--sounds appropriate to me!

My father used to jitterbug in the kitchen.....thinkin' the salsa is less dangerous...LOL

WOW....whadda sky!

<--eagerly awaiting the pebble photo

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

If you tried to jitterbug in our kitchen you'd end up in the kitchen sink! And I'm not the kind of housekeeper whose sink is always clean and shiny!
Definitely safer salsa-ing Mel :)

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

my father used to let me stand on his feet, and he'd waltz around the kitchen table. . .

(he was an ice dancer, but I don't think he actually ever took my mother dancing)

those photos are something else, dear mig, something else entirely!

gob-smackingly awesome

and you took them, so that means you are too!

inspirational, totally

:-)

XXX

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Sadly I have two left feet. I don't remember my Mum and dad having anything to do with dancing though I imagine my Dad danced with his first wife when he was young and dashing. Sadly, when my Mum was young and beautiful, he was a bit middle-aged and respectable and maybe a tiny bit possessive.
I'm glad you like the photos. I was very pleased with them :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home