Sunday, July 06, 2008

Bad things good things

Toes, actually. When one of my girls did Ballet, they used to chant "bad toes, good toes" while practicing the proper positioning of toes for ballet.

Nothing to say about toes just now mind.
I have Gorgeous Babe for the night and am just waiting for her to wake up. (Her toes are utterly delightful) So we can have breakfast together and get ready for me to take her home. She's such a little darling, all prety and pink cheeked and well mannered and just lovely. Her presence is a blessing (though one unlooked for on this occasion as I had intended to do all sorts of incompatible things this weekend). No problem though. I got to watch 'Monster House' last night and to read Charlie and Lola (my favourite children's book series). I also got small warm kisses and to take a drink up to a sleepy babe in the middle of the night.

Further, I received updates on the epic steam train journey and Grandad got to talk to GB on the phone.

Then as well as all this, I had a plan to go to London. The first plan may have gone somewhat awry but I haven't given up on it since I've added bits like going to visit a very good friend in Kingston and maybe - just maybe, meeting the returning steam train traveller when he arrives at Kings Cross. Though this would entail finding someone to feed the dog at no notice at all which may be difficult!

On the other side, I'm feeling sad for someone.
And trying to think how best to help a sad bunny. Not that I'm going to make any big difference but when a person is on the edge you want to offer something even if it's only the tiniest thing and even if they haven't the heart to respond much. But some troubles are so big that the smallest ripple in the world around will only cause extra pain and heavens! I don't want to do that.
I don't want to push my way in where I might only be an extra trouble.
Well we'll see.

Well. Now I have to get the Babe up and somehow fit in a shower which I forgot last night. Time to move!

Love.
Pictures later, or tomorrow.

11 comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Zig said...

I so remember the "good toes, bad toes" with my 2 girls :)

I was wondering about visiting - and was also wondering if it would cause too much of a ripple %/ as she'd say

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I remember "good toes, naughty toes" with Smallest Person. . .

*sigh*

sorry about ducking out of the visit - had a really really bad day yesterday and have spent most of today under new drug regime and fast asleep

what I'm now focussing on, if you good folks will put up with it, is visiting you when* I'm well

might be far more enjoyable all around for everyone concerned!

(*that's a "when" today, under new drug regime; yesterday it would only have been an "if" - what a difference a day makes. . .)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with the Babe. I'm sorry someone you care about is sad. Take Care

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Dear I , you didn't duck out, it was only a possibility and not an arrangement. And I just hope it wasn't burdensome to have to consider it at all.
And yes, I really will hold you to that visit *when* you're well. (Not to say other visits can't be possible in the meantime. Only if wanted though :)
Big Hugs.

So all ballet teachers say it then Ziggi even these days :)

Thanks Betty. Yes, the Babe is wonderful guest :)

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw Mig, I can't imagine you being a cause of pain or any trouble to anyone. Anyone with a soul as poetic as your's could only be a blessing to every life they touch.

I'm sorry your plans got all redone, but I'm glad you got to enjoy GB's company.

Have a most wonderful Monday!

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*nodding in agreement with shot*

Fiddle and photos!
Or.....a photo of the fiddle?

Oh, fiddle faddle....
*sigh*

<--wishes she had an answer that she just doesn't have

(could be the time and abundance of sun, today...)
Yup.....that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Too bad you had to return the CD and GB. They both are awesome, obviously.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I'm rather enjoying the idea of being a blessing 'shot :) But not everyone wants poetic all the time! I'm so grateful to have a place to express that part of myself without having to worry about being a bore :) And deeply grateful for the appreciation from you all :)

Oh Mel, enjoy the sun, you've earned it :) (Oh but I just read you had thunder now! Hope it's cleared away and left freshly washed skies for you (((( Mel ))))
<-----Ok, there are no answers to some things I know. xxx

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

:-)

:-)

:-)

:-)

(nothing useful to say, but wanted you to know I'd visited and just thinking about you makes me smile!)

XXX

(great word ver, which if I remember I will do a piece about tomorrow; if my laptop doesn't crash again)

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well Hells Bells!
Blogger just told me it had published a long and complicated comment and it lied!

Basically, just that the thought of this particular smile precipitated and whole series of small happy accidents. I'll try and remember it all tomorrow :)

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

a whole series.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh look! Now it'll publish any old thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home