Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's all a bit busy

round here. We had a gig on Saturday and various other stuff in the day time. Then Sunday vanished without a trace - I really can't remember what I was doing all day but there seemed to be a lot of it.
And yesterday!
Yesterday was my hawk day. (you probably won't remember, I got a present of a photography day at the hawk conservancy place for my birthday back in December :)
I seen hawks and kites and eagles and owls and vultures and herons and a secretary bird!
And of course I took a few pics.

How come I can take almost as many in one day as I can take in a whole week? (And that, I'm told, is more than most people take in a whole year!)

Oh look! a chicken!
Who d'you think you're calling a chicken


Off with her head!Oops!Nice looking couple though :)That's Paul, one of our falconers for the day, with, um, oh, I'd forgotten their names by then. Mr Bald Eagle of the US of A. a splendid gentleman and much less irascible than he looks.
xxx, more tomorrow :)

8 comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lucky you are to have that experience!

I'm told there's a raptor conservatory about an hour from here and you've inspired me to visit and snap some (horribly poor) pictures.

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Sorrow said...

A chicken?
LOL!
that's to funny! actually The bald boy is in the vulture group, Most of the time i see them they are eating something dead.
(yum tasty!)
Of course your photo's are fab, sigh no doubt about it, looks lovely!
Days fly by here too,
or else they take all day.
~chuckle~

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow what a brilliant birthday pressie!

He does look rather a grumpy old man (bird, not handler).

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Thursday said...

If it's the same secretary bird, she was called Madeleine :) There was also an owl called Molly.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Mel said...

:-)

I dare to say she doesn't LOOK like a Madeleine...she looks like a really irritated eagle...LOL
But isn't she beautiful, even in her irritated state?

*I* should look so good when I'm irritable!

Pictures of Molly, please?

Himself assures me that's why digital camera's are wonderful--you can take a bazillion to get three good shots.
My problem is, I save the whole bazillion of 'em.

Yes, Mel needs to consider an external storage thingy for the 'puter.....soon!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

It's a wonderful experience 'shot. I recommend it even without the photography bit. (And you have to watch out that the snapping doesn't become mutual when these birds play snap, they win!)

He's prettier than most vultures Sorrow. I'm currently having an all day type of day. Can't do anything I'd planned, waiting in for a phone call (which may never come :)

It was truly wonderful spiralskies :) The birds all look quite human in a way. It's disconcerting to know that behind those piercing
eyes there's a quite alien mind.

We saw Madeleine and Molly Thursday. Molly wasn't very co-operative but scored very high in the personality stakes :)

Madeleine was a completely different kettle of - snakes actually - from Mr Baldie Mel. Frightfully elegant and slightly mad!
I also have external storage issues. I have the hard drive but not the patience to wait while I move the photos over there! And of course the more I procrastinate the longer it will take. Can't help thinking I'm missing a stitch here!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

wow

what an incredible bird!

and, finally, a toon in my head - so thank you, ma'am. . .

:-)

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well I'm very pleased to hear about the toon! If there's one thing a girl needs in her head....
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home