Thursday, June 05, 2008

Woe and Dither

Ok, so now I'm completely dithered.

The camera has worked smoothly all day, using a Jessops, nikon-compatible battery. The nikon battery and the other jessops battery, both fully charged - according to the charger - both make the camera say "empty battery". (Though it hasn't sulked or refused to say anything at all, today.)
Should I take my Jessops battery back to them and say, "look - your battery doesn't work - give me a new one and by the way I need a replacement for the other one too"?
Or should I - at enormous inconvenience and expense, trundle off to Kingston tomorrow and hand the whole puzzle over to Nikon themselves (who certainly won't give me a new battery as the nikon one came with the camera and is probably at least two years old).
We're not talking 2 or 3 quid here. These batteries cost arms and legs.
But bear in mind that Nikon won't check and repair anything for free either.
See. Working fine.
Oh, that was yesterday.
Well it is anyway.
Oh Woe and Doom! And Dither.
I shall take it on holiday. I don't want to go to Kingston tomorrow and I can always postpone the hawk day. Well, I'll ring them in the morning and check anyway.
Oof! exhausting all this dithering.
I shall go to bed.

Goodnight :) I hope all your rabbits are alive and well.

4 comments:

At 3:39 AM, Blogger Sorrow said...

Ahh yes the joys of digital. i remember fondly the battery woes of my digital. I wish i still had the thing, sigh
it took much better snaps than the 30$ one I bought my son for his birthday...
Best of luck with the dither and the bothers!
love the "mig sky"
:)

 
At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think maybe it's the karmic way of saying, "Look, you've taken more than your share of stunningly beautiful images, now give some other poor sod a chance, eh?"

Either that or its the build in obsolescence to get you to spend, spend spend.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

dithers and bothers - I can sympathise. . .

hope you sort it out

I think you will!

:-)

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I agree Sorrow batteries are a pain. They always run out at the wrongest possible moment :)

Oh I like the compliment Shot even if I'm a bit concerned about the Karma :) And you're certainly right about the spending :(

Thank you I. I hope it'll sort itself out. Stuff does sometimes:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home