Friday, May 30, 2008

okobe?

The last two weeks or so all the words vers have been eight letter jawbreakers with lots of double x's and z's and too many t's and really taking duplication to excess. And then suddenly they've all gone five letter and almost meaningful. Okobe is my favourite so far. Though I was quite taken with rwaldi and vebruk. And sazqr had a certain ring to it.

Today, I may have temporarily solved my perennial camera carrying problem. The new one is too big (and heavy) for the old system so I've been using a rucksack. Good in the outside pocket department but not so good on the inside - just a big dark cave really for things to get jumbled and heaped in. And a bit floppy so that if I don't zip up all the outside pockets, it flops over and things fall out.
So now, my camera lives in a lunch bag. An Umbro lunch bag from WH Smiths no less. It seems happy there.

Yesterday was a grey day. Moody and off centre was how I felt and hey! The sky agreed with me. I went to Hampstead Norreys and found footpaths into the grey and green gloom. But first, speedwell. Probably my favourite flower. little tiny bursts of blue sky hiding obscurely in every hedgerow and meadow and bank and ditch. Got to love them.

And then, moody and off centre.
I shall leave you with flowers.
Good night :)

5 comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Ohhhhhh.......I want some of those wonderful, wee flowers!

Now I gotta wonder if we have 'em and go on an adventure to find some.
*nodding*

(any excuse to go back up those steps to last weekend's discovered 'fairlyland'......LOL)

BTW--you captured gloomy and off center very well (which is a bit how it's feelin' over here!)

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

I love the white flowes! Gloomy and off center is a bit depressing but beautifully captured!
Hope the sun comes your way soon.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh I hope you do have them Mel. they are the sweetest tiny flowers. And anyway you can have fun with your fairytale steps again :)

I don't know what the white ones are Betty but I love the tiny tight buds and the freshly opened ones together. I quite enjoy a bit of gloom and off-ness. One must always look for opportunities to enjoy yes?

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

gloomy and off-centred all round then. . .

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Four pints of gloom, two off-centre and a half of mood please. Oh and a pint of flowers please - with the head :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home