Thursday, June 05, 2008

Flatline

Or,in this particular case, no line.
I'm all of a twitter.
Last night, the camera said "err". It does that sometimes. (It means error)
I took out and replaced the battery which usually causes it to pretend it hadn't said anything and carry on as normal.
It took some pictures and then it said "err" again.
I took out and replaced (crossly) and it said
________________

I screamed (quietly because of the sleeping wildlife and Barney).
I tried more batteries. No response.
I put it all away and got it all out again and looked and it still said
________________

I looked up Nikon repairs and worked out what to do - there's a service and repair centre not so very far away, though not exactly near!
This morning I rang them and they said they would probably be able to get it looked at and fixed within 12-14 days! (Oh Woe and Doom and so much for Nikon photos of the holiday - but maybe Nikon pictures for the Hawk day which is the week after we come back)
(But woe and doom anyway)
Then I got it out again and lo and behold, it came back to life! Oddly enough, I noticed the Nikon battery seems not to be recognised by the Nikon battery charger though the Jessops batteries are. Hmm.

Dither. If I assume the Nikon battery has had it, maybe it will take pictures on holiday. If I'm wrong and the fault remains inside its works somewhere then it might not be ready for the hawk day.
Well I'll give it today to see if it feels like saying "err" again. Then I'll dither some more and then I'll probably take it to Kingston at huge inconvenience and expense and leave it there while I'm on holiday.

Woe.
Doom.
Curses.
Mutter mutter.
But at least I think it's a battery problem not a vital, central extraordinarily expensive part replacement problem. Maybe.

My ears seem to have got better - possibly when I was in London :) - though my head is still behaving oddly - typos and wrong buttons abound. I think my brain needs a replacement part.

At least I still have the dear old Panasonic and I can just about still remember how to use it! All its bits are still around somewhere :) And I must say, it's very light compared to the Nikon and quite a good little camera really :)

6 comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

cameras

*sigh*

during the move I found the camera to PC cable (don't get your hopes up mel), but now it turns out the camera battery needs reacharging, and I think I threw the charger away in a box of what I thought were unwanted cables. . .

der

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(and I'd like a whole new brain, if you can find a supplier please)

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww (to the above AND the camera troubles).

Someday, I'd LURVE to take a class that will teach me how to take proper, good pictures.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh join the new brain queue I :) I'd love to get a new shiny one that remembered things!
And isn't it just part and parcel of that house moving thing that you find one thing and lose another so that the twain never do meet.

I would like to take a class that could teach me how to do photos on purpose instead of by accident or after taking a hundred different versions to see which one comes out right Shot! Me and photos is a bit like monkeys and Shakespeare, :)

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Dang.

I was JUST about to get all kindsa excited.....LOL

The good news is I know how the story ends--so yippe!!

<--takes a bazillion photos, ends up with three that are keepable. LOL

I hear tell that's how the pros do it. (himself is soooo into trying to me feel less silly than I am!)

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I think that is how the pro's do it Mel. You see them at events hopping around and snapping away like crazy and you know they're only going to get one or two printed :)
So I guess we can say we do it like a pro :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home