Sunday, June 08, 2008

All quiet

On the virtual front.
I ought to be rushing around packing and sorting for the holiday but I just thought, Oh five minutes checking blogs won't hurt. Nobody's home!
Ah well, it's a lovely sunny Sunday and I guess (hope) you're all out enjoying your gardens and roof terraces and back yards and pig runs and orchards and everywhere. (And the edges of everywhere).
Well then, I'd better get on with the rushing about and packing and such like. Not to mention emptying the car after last night's gig.
I shall be taking the laptop on holiday but somehow, I doubt that the narrowboat will have wifi. Well I'm sure it won't. Previous experience leads me to suppose that I won't have time to search for wifi cafes so I shan't be posting for a while - except maybe tonight and tomorrow and, and, well you know, whenever, until :)
I've just had a call from Father-in-law. He's fed up because all the family are having lovely weather, except him! However, when I told him the weather forecast for the far North for most of next week shows little black clouds with assorted numbers of raindrops, he cheered up a bit!
It's always nice to be able to cheer up an old man isn't it :)

Well, the swan won't mind a spot of rain
though I think it'll be too late for the old tree
But it keeps the wheat growing green and the poppies popping up
And, nothing to do with rain but isn't he lovely. Best shot so far of the deer, not that I got particularly close but the light was pretty good.

Anyway, I've finished packing. This must be the first time ever I've done it before, ooh, 3 o'clock in the morning :)I'm feeling quite pleased with myself, only I have to wonder, have I forgotten something?
Dunno. What do you think?
I hope you had a lovely weekend (and if not, I hope things get much better very soon - now in fact, this minute).
Have a good week.
I'll be missing you all.

10 comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

You have to look at the deer bigger to actually see it :)
Oh and don't be too impressed by the packing - it may say 10.05 am but it's actually midnight :)
Lotsa love all.
xxx

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Have a great time. I look forward to the pictures - and it's not often I say that to someone going on holiday.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Ohhhhhh......love the deer photo with the crops peeping out in the background.

And the old tree reaching for the sky....way cool.
And packed at midnight--three hours ahead of schedule.....LOL

Safe journey, ma'am.
Let the troubles float while you do!

:-)

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

I hope your trip is spectacular! Can't wait to see the pictures.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Mel said...

<---definitely missin' ya....

Just sayin'.....
And hoping you're having a grand time of it, of course!
:-)

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Yup...and now it's Friday and you're still being missed.

Am I a silly person or what? :-)

Yeah, yeah...I AM a silly person--but I still miss you!

(I do so hope you're enjoying all those floating moments on a calm river....)

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Sorrow said...

Going to add my missing you to Mel's came around for a visit, just went through and looked at Mig photo's and got my self excited about the trip ones!
Hope all is well!
missing you!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank you all :)
I missed you all too.

Beware Malc, I might post them all - all 4,000 :)

A floating trouble is a lovely idea Mel :) Not so much halved as becalmed :)

You too Sorrow :)

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Mel said...

She'sbackshe'sbackshe'sback!

Welcome back!!

Oh, g'on......4,000 isn't that many!

:-D

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Hi Mel! *waving and jumping up and down*
(It is too, that many :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home