Friday, June 20, 2008

Life after holidays

I suspect that this which I found here will be worth buying and reading. I think I shall. If Overnight Editor's blog is anything to go by it will at least be a feast of beautiful writing.
Speaking of beautiful (and in this case also funny) writing, I can't think how I've come to neglect ovagirl's blog for so long. After howling with laughter for several minutes, I realised that I'm already bored with the rewind of our holiday and you'll have to put up with dribs and drabs from now on. (sighs of relief all round).
Also I was quite distracted this morning by wedding outfits.
I'm sorry Frangelita but I won't be going with the red and white colour scheme. (Anyway I don't think it appropriate for the bride's mum to wear the bride's colour scheme. The bride's mum needs to look a different part see?)
No. I shall be wearing the lavender outfit. This is firstly because, in Oxfam yesterday I came across a lavender blouse with ruffles and the right size which fitted me and I thought 'Oh! That looks weddingy! And it's about the same colour as the Laura Ashley silk skirt which has been hanging in the cupboard for about two years, just in case I need to go to a wedding one day. Together with the nearly matching silk jacket.)
This morning I tried the whole lot on. And I kid you not, every part of it fitted. The blouse is exactly the same shade as the skirt and above all, I looked MAGNIFICENT!!!!! All I have to do in terms of bulges is not add any before September and I even have a barely worn pair of comfy sandals which are a soft grey and will look fine. I could hardly bear to take it all off!
Well and I might even think about looking for a hat :)
I am deeply satisfied with the way charity, after having begun in the high street, will go on to weddings.

A few dribs
The world goes on with it's normal business
colourful dereliction

Sorry, we're full, no space for extra passengers.


And drabs -
waiting
for water!

15 comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh

that's such good news about your outfit - it's marvellous when things come together like that

:-)

(and now you can justify spending boatloads on a hat!)

lovely locky photos

*sigh*

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh, I do love finding new blogs. First The Life Laundry which has, rather happily, led me here.

Love the photo of the dangling boots. And yes, Oxfam rocks.

I'll be back, as that burly bloke said.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Dear I, it's a prize for being patient with the skirt (though not the jacket which will have to go to the cleaners as its got a stain :)
I'll have to give serious consideration to the hat thing. I had a long conversation with the other Mother in Law about hats a while ago :)
More locks on the way :)

Hi spiralskies, how lovely to meet you. Life Laundry is a very good place to come from :)
Looking forward to seeing you again :)

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Sorrow said...

Mig~
okay I am giggling at the boots, and loving the darling ducks. Reminds me of mother goose, but I am a bit odd these days! LOL!
So glad to hear your all set to look lovely in lavender for the wedding, So glad it's you doing a wedding and not moi!~sigh~
gonna go check out your recommended links!
have a great weekend.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

You too the weekend Sorrow. You're right to be reminded of Mother goose - they're goslings, old enough to know better than following a strange boat up the towpath :)
Oh and I so understand about the wedding :)

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Mel said...

GEESIES!!!!

k....ya knew I'd be doing that....LOL

Rather predictable, huh?

Lavendar is good! And it's always too cool when it just happens to fit together, dontcha think?
I'm glad for you and the kiddo...
I'm sure you both will look absolutely stunning!

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comfy sandals WITH painted toenails I assume?

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Probably there will be more geese Mel :) And I agree, the coolness of stuff fitting together (and more, fitting me!) is huge :)

Well something like that Thursday - I have to say the thought of lavender toenails leads to a whole new avenue of ideas :)

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Well......no surprise here--if some is good MORE is better! :-)

The thought of lavender toenails....LOL.. Yep, you'll be all that and a bag of chips!



*waves at spiralskies*
Nice to meet you!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

I love your photos from your vacation! I am glad you've got the perfect dress for the wedding. Such a big day; you'll need to be comfortable.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will there be (self)portraits of you in this dress?

Me, I'm not big on weddings. Dunno if that's from being a bloke or a single or just anti-social. I do like the church part tho'.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

*and a bag of chips* *snigger*. I like that Mel:)

Thank you Betty, I think it will be comfortable and anyway, thank heavens, Frangelita isn't doing formal!

Ooh I don't know 'shot! I might see what I can do :)
I'm pretty miniscule on weddings myself. But I know the music in the church will be phenomenally lovely since my sister and her huge musical family are singing and my nephew is playing the organ. And the recep will just be a big party. So that can't be too bad!

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, forgot to ask...

May I add you to my blogroll? It'd be a shame if my reader didn't have the opportunity to swing by and see the lovely pictures.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Goodness 'shot, I'd be honoured! Only reason I haven't added you to mine is I seem to have lost track of the access to the html on mine. Must investigate again :)
(and may I add you when I do find it?)

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) yes, please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home