Sunday, July 20, 2008

We went out for dinner and as Barney pointed out on the way home, we were out for seven hours! Virtually a day's work! So it's not surprising that we felt a little weary by the time we returned.

It was a good dinner, lovingly prepared and served with lovely wines for each course and all very delicious. And then we all got various instruments out and played rather random blues and folk for an hour or two. All pleasant and delightful.

Came home to a very eager dog who would really like to go out for some essential business right now please, so while Barney went to bed me and the dog went up the road. Joined by both cats in the bright moonlight. It was possibly the best part of the whole evening, (once we'd passed the shingle stuff), wandering across a moonlit field, the cats taking turns to vanish into the grass and then pounce out in front of me and the dog. Dog bounding joyously from tuft to tuft. Some large black flying thing (owl?) passing across the white clouds. Odd night sounds and the purring of cats and the distant motorway all balanced against the explosive snorting of the dog's discoveries amongst the grasses. My feet following the path across the meadow even though I wasn't paying attention.
Now I'm quite totally knackered but I wanted to tell you about the night. Photos wouldn't really do it since nothing was staying still long enough to be captured but everything was moving from view to view in the moonlight and through the night breeze.
I brought them all home (whereupon the cats purred a bit more and then went out to do their own business out in the bright darkess).
Now I'm going to bed :)
Sleep well :)

7 comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

incredible

I posted Cat Steven's Moonshadow first thing this morning. . .

and even tho your side bar tells me there's a 95% full moon (Waning Gibbous)(!?!?!?!) I hadn't seen it last night when I went to bed

:-)

your piece of writing conjoured all sorts of images in my head, even tho there were no phots

much love

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(photos)

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh I love moonshadow :)
And synchronicity :)
And serendipituosness :)

There's another moonshadow song I must ask Barney about which is even more beautiful :)

(I told them last night the moon wasn't quite full but they didn't believe me!)

Love
xxxx

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Er, serendipitousness? yes.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

just wonderful

(like you, dear mig)

:-)

XXX

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Mel said...

*humming*

And I'm blaming the two of you! LOL

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Didn't we do well :)
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home