Thursday, July 31, 2008

Been to the Big Smoke and visited lovely I,SLTV in a glass tower.
Been given lunch and wonderful company.
Sat on a football and seen the best views of the city.
Been shown some wonderful layered drawings of the things that rise and fall on the tide and how other things appear and vanish and look just the same but quite different in subtle ways.
Been very very clever about driving round the scary city and not getting lost at all.
Seen Old Father Thames backing up as the last of the tide came in and then flowing away as it began to go out.
Been to Ikea and got very cross.*

And now I'm going to go and collapse in a heap on the floor and read for an hour with my feet up.
Tomorrow I will catch up with the rest of the world. Please don't all go away ok :)
Sleep well :)



* See, the thing I've been trying to get from them for months and months, their website said was in stock.
YES!
Checked the website this morning and it was still in stock
YES!
Got there and lo and behold, far from being either even slightly in or out of stock, it was discontinued! Never to be seen again.
I went looking for someone to complain to (loudly, distinctly and in great detail) and instead encountered a tired customer server who had just gone to fetch himself a stool since he just couldn't stand up any longer! Since my feet were feeling fairly tired, I couldn't help but feel sympathy (not his fault after all). And then he was so wearily disarming and apologetic and helpful, looking through all the various stores to see if any of them had remaining stock of the wretched desk, that it ended up with him saying drop in again some time and me saying definitely and us wishing each other a nice day in a quite genuine way.

However, I still intend to send Ikea a blistering letter (though I may mention that the shop staff were very helpful and didn't deserve to have to deal with furious customers misled by some idiot's failure to update the website (which claims to have been updated today)

8 comments:

At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you gave her a great big hug for me! I can only imagine the wonderful conversation and the equally wonderful silences just enjoying the panorama. Lucky you and lucky her.

I am not a fan of Ikea.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Mel said...

:-)

I'm just gonna smile for the good company each of you got to be for the other......

And I'll try not to be too envious, of course.

:-)

<--smiling a whole lot

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Messages and hugs were delivered :)
And you were both thought of

(and given the view, little boats were mentioned, naturally)

((((('shot)))))
and ((((((Mel))))))

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Little boats!!!!

Omgosh.....I wish I coulda had that day....

<--could use a 'little boat!!!!!' and wondrous company to keep kinda day

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

That is so frustrating when the web site says they're in stock and they're NOT. I'm sorry! Best Buy (electronics store) does that all the time. Feel for the customer service guy! Sorry you didn't get your desk then.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Wish you could have been there Mel :)

Well the helpful guy found out for me that two of the other stores do have the desks in stock Betty so I suppose it's just a question of getting to one of them before the desks are all gone!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

:-)

:-)

:-)

:-D

XXXXXX

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

xxxx
:)
((((((( I ))))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home