Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Finally I have the answer!

Down the front of my bra! Why didn't I think of it before? And Barney has fixed the scales too :) Isn't that wonderful?


The cats and dog have been getting a bit of stick today - well, foot, curse, heel, trip, mutter and stumble really. In the interests of cleaning (yes I know I've mentioned it before but it's a rare event here in sunny Berkshire) I've had doors open where normally they are closed. Also in the interests of keeping - er, less hot. Cool would be overdoing it.
So they keep ambling, nonchalantly but watchfully into places they know they aren't allowed. And I forget they're there and trip over them. Then, of course, as I reverse swiftly with a bit of fancy footwork, they change direction and we meet again. More trippage and colourful language. (I know how to say "OW!" in both cat-chian and dog-ese)

And the top of the cupboard has been transformed with saucepan handles and other sticky-out things into a bristling wall of obstacles. Also a nest has been provided above the washing machine. So far this has been coldly ignored but maybe that's because it's too hot for nests?*

The weather is too hot today! I love it!!!!
Now I must simultaneously have a shower and cook the potatoes. For tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut and tonight Barney (scales-fixer extraordinaire) may want dinner. The only thingie on the horizon is that the hair cut is booked for 9.15 in the am. A time when normally I would think how many hours since 3.am? Oh not enough, go back to sleep.

Blogger has been playing silly bloggers. One minute the whole virtual world is at my fingertips, the next it says "sorry, blogger is offline at the moment" or "sorry, mozilla firefox can't find the requested url" or "sorry, the server at blogger.com timed out. If you keep having this problem (or if you cannot open any urls) please contact your provider"
Sometimes, just for variety it says any or all of these things about Flickr. Or Google. Or Hotmail. Or ....no that's about my limit.
I know I'm not the only one thus afflicted. Every so often I'm able to open a tantalising window onto likable view or a dream or two or the world of a cyber vicar or a place of testing or a place about to fall off, or, or,
Well you get the picture. I can't put the links in because I am currently confined to the virtual inside of my own computer since "publishing and saving may fail" and also nothing else will open.
And I see that others have also been denied (no doubt most apologetically) access to their own comments or others blogs or whatever.
Isn't it just the way of the world to offer you itself and then say "Oh sorry, not that bit" or "not just now though" or "try again later, we've all gone home".
The thing seems to be to comment before taking time to read the posts. (it worked with posting the photos). I'll try that next!

I wanted to call this poetry in washing or possibly sock stanzasAnd I did mention a walk in the Thatcham Reed Beds?And shingle? Ankle's eye view
Moonlight or sunlight? You choose.
Oh, Sorry! Were you wondering about the question? Well the question is, where can I keep my cigarette lighter handy when I'm not wearing pockets. Works a treat :)

I'm sure there was something else I could have told you, something that tidies up this rather random post and ties it up neatly. But I can't think what that might have been.
So good night and sleep well and have lovely dreams and wake up 'freshed in the morning.
Love :)


*see recent post about sad cat if you find this information puzzlingly irrelevant. It won't get any more relevant but at least you'll see why I put it in.

10 comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Splendid, absolutely splendid picture of the socks - I love it!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Zig said...

Ok I admit the clean socks are cool!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

I'm going with Moonlight! 2:55 am?
Love the Laundry!!!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Gimme the moonlight ~
gimme the socks ~
:)

(Sorry, the whole idea of poetic socks has run away with me- and it was real moonlight :)

Is that what it says over there Betty? Over here it says 7.55pm... which is when I started the post. Could well have been finished at 2.55 am though :)

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Betty F said...

Oh no Mig. I guessed at 2:55 based on you mentioning 3:00 am . Right now it's 3:05 am here in Arizona. I see your clock says 11:05.. in Newbury.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh my........don't make me choose!
*sigh*

No foolin'.....over four THOUSAND photos taken during the two weeks away---and not one of 'em comes close to these four!

(((((((( Mig ))))))))

:-)
Duckie!!!!
Socks!!!!!
MOONlight!!

*happy sigh*

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

MEL!!! YOUR'E BACK :)
:)
:)
(((((((((((((((((((((Mel)))))))))))))))))))))))
xxxx
I'll be right over to see the 4,000 as soon as I've finished house cleaning (On a schedule, me)

Missed you lots :)

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ah Betty! So you're 8 hours behind me? Or in front?
Or 4?

I swear I will never understand time zones!

(Oh and you were up at 3 am too:)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I love laundry photos

:-)

(won't rabbit on about laundry photos right now, cos you need your sleep after your busy day/weekend)

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Rabbit as much as you like I . It'll be at least an hour before I settle down enough to sleep!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home