Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A farewell to tooth

But not apparently to any arms!
I went to the dentist yesterday - just a check up. He wobbled my poor semi detached tooth and declared it officially unattached and ready for demolition.
Oh! Well ok. I've treated it ever so carefully and it still rattles about like ....Actually I can't think of anything that rattles quite like a detached tooth. And every so often I inadvertently bite something hard and it lets me know exactly how detached it was until it made contact under pressure. Ouch!
And I can have a 'cover' fitted to my existing plate. And it'll only cost £44 (about the same price as a nikon battery then). So no loss of arms or legs.

And he cheerfully assured me that all the pain and misery and terror and MONEY invested in the dreaded, unmentionable treatment from she who cleans and polishes with unholy glee and unnatural thoroughness was well spent. He says he can see no reason why I should ever lose another tooth. As long as I keep this up.
I think mutinous thoughts about quality of life and wonder whether the damned things wouldn't all be better off, out! And then I could have a nice set of falsies and whip them out and terrorise people with them when I get even older and grouchier and more eccentric (As I plan to do).

(no photos, it wouldn't be respectful)

Labels: , ,

4 comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Mel said...

LOL I can appreciate the 'no photos' on this one, Mig.
And I can appreciate the 'ouch!'.

Ohmygosh....
Here's hopin' the dentist was right and this is the last of the casualties.
Though---the acts of terrorism with a dental plate might be kinda fun! ;-)

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I think I want the rest of them to stay Mel. I'll know better when the detachment has been completed and there's only the rest of them left to consider :)

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

YIKES!!

I need to return. . . temporary filling that I think should have been a root canal job

can't afford it right now tho - purchases for the new house being a far more exciting thing to spend my ££s on

(eventually it'll start hurting again and I'll have to go back, won't I?!)

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Temporary filings are great :) Sometimes they last for ages so perhaps eventually will be a long long time :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home