Monday, April 21, 2008

O. K. !

Today I can play with it :)

It's a bit different! For a start, I didn't fit the lens properly (no I did read the manual, it's just that I didn't want to force anything so I didn't click it into place properly)
So I took a lot of pictures under the impression that the lens didn't have the function that makes it work on auto focus and therefore became convinced that I'm just no good without the antishake thingie!
Also, it's been a grey, flat, day with no sun to speak of so there's nothing much to take pictures of.
After a bit. I read the other manual and thought "Oh, the lens does have an auto thingie".
Refitted it and suddenly we've got Whirrrr! Click!! Zooom!
:)

But it will be a while before I can work out how to make it do more of what I want.

We played for a wedding barn dance the other day and the Groom was Barney's ex apprentice so we were invited to the whole thing. I have to say that eating a wedding breakfast* at four in the afternoon (What is that all about?) and then doing toasts and then playing with the band makes for a very long day.
They were a lovely couple though and there was a delightful baby and balloons and a strange piano that played all alone and by itself - the ultimate lonely image I thought - and the food was great, though I wish I'd refrained from finishing the enormous syrup pudding!
I'm not really a weddingey person but Aaaaw :) They were sweet and the best of good luck to them :)

*Breakfast? At four in the afternoon??? Just as well we had a real one at ten in the morning is all I can say!

6 comments:

At 12:49 AM, Blogger Sorrow said...

I scanned the photo's, and had a secret smile...
Ah ha!
now you have ventured to my realm!
12 years as a professional wedding photographer, from 1988 to 1990. I now Loath and Despise weddings, Oh the stories i could tell! The one that did me in however is the one where i got socked into the wedding cake!
I love the one of the lonely piano...
So glad you figured out the camera! I borrowed one once, and still giggle about some of the way out photo's i got!
I left you an homage at the studio...
Go ahead and laugh out loud, i know they are no where near your quality, but I was SO thinking of you!, and wanted you to know that images in my world , make me think of you!

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh, now I'll have to go check out the images at sorrow's studio, for sure!

And what a beautiful couple they make.....ohmygosh......they have that 'inlove' look about 'em.

And the lonely photo--yup....captured it well...but the baby make me smile!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

:-)

(sorry, a little lost for words)(cool piano photo!)

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Gorgeous photos sorrow :) Even one with sun rays!
So tell - about the wedding cake ?

'And the world smiles with you' Mel:)

Never mind I, we can't all be saying stuff all the time...And often I can't think of a thing to say :)

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

:-)

(the thought of weddings, when I was having to get rid of lots of my wedding stuff. . .)

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I ended up, years after the event, with only one wedding shoe and the dress that of course I'll never fit into again....not only was I a lot thinner then but also a bit taller??
Oh, high heels!
But also the veil that belonged to my Mum and now my daughter is going to wear it so that was good :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home