Thursday, April 12, 2007

missing presumed right under my nose

I've lost a card. And a card blank.
Ooh, I've just found the card. I'm not going to scream although it was inside the other card which I've been checking obsessively for the past two hours.

Well I've checked, and therefore inadvertently tidied, three heaps of assorted paper (which urgently need filing), I've looked through every box and heap of card making material and all the drawers and cupboards and under all the same things in the room. And beside them. And down the backs of them.
I've picked everything up and checked through it and underneath it and then just in case I didn't do it all, done it all again. I've taken out every made up card and every card blank and envelope.
I've also looked all round the computer, the printer and my handbag.
I've looked inside the printer. I've looked in all the waste bins and boxes.
I thought about looking inside the DVD writer but I'm pretty sure the card blank won't fit in there...still, I keep eyeing it thoughtfully.
I did check the oven, the larder, the sitting room, the kitchen...oh, I didn't look in the fridge....No, not there.
Oh well, I'd better look through all the blanks again.



GAAAH.

AAARRGH.

LARGE BLUE WORDS WITH ASTERISKS every where.

*#@*&!*

STAMP.


I am an idiot. Or alternatively, work is bad for my head. Or how about 'engage brain before believing evidence of eyes'.
I was looking for the wrong kind of blank.

Wel it's only taken me two hours to sort that out so that's good...Oh, actually three and a half hours. Right. Excellent. That'll teach me.

Mind I should have realised that a quick burst of blogging would clear the fog :) Cleaning my glasses probably helped too.

Labels: ,

5 comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Yippee!! It's found!


Smart move to look in the fridge. I can't tell ya how many times I've found my cellphone there.

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

LOL...nice to have a really cool phone :)

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

ha ha ha

:-)

I don't have the foggiest what kind of card you are looking for (credit card, birthday card, decorate it yourself card upon which to print or stick an image)

but I know all about blogging clearing the cobwebs out of your brain! (well, mine)

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

OK

so next time, I'll read the posts in chrono order, eh?? (good guess tho!!)

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Yeah...card upon which to stick....something.
Don't worry about chrono order though I...I don't thinkin it so why should anyone else read in it:)...and very good guess:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home