Monday, April 02, 2007

The not so ugly head

Of the past.

I was tired and sleepy last night and didn't feel like thinking so I had a quick-ish look through things I had thought in the past. Well if I thought some thoughts already, I might as well make some use of them. Went back to September 2005 even.
And discovered some comments I missed at the time.

Golly! that person I thought was ignoring me left a comment apologising for ignoring me!
That person I thought was really too clever for me said nice things about my blog!
An anonymous person said it was well structured (!!!!) and thought out. (I don't think that one could have been reading it at all!)*

Here are some pictures of Wyresdale Park, nestled in the Lancastrian hills.
I think this was a back entrance
Gorgeously green and grey

And a view from above the park...and when I turned round, I saw this...One of the things I love best about the North is how you're never short of a gate and an old stone wall and a solitary gnarled tree on the horizon. In fact there are solitary gnarled trees all over the place!Well now I need to make some plans. In spite of an inordinate amount of time and stress spent on all these gadgets, there still seem to be an awful lot of things to replace and update and re-organise. It amazes me that I ever found any of it before.
Time to make a list. It's going to be a very boring list too so I'll do it elsewhere :)

*Actually, I think that one was spam (If I'm wrong and whoever it is still reads this, do let me know and I'll apologise profusely :)
Long pause for thought or something that resembles thought, vaguely....er, goodnight :)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oooooh

I love the one with the tree, the tree and the shadow of the tree!

and the lovely buidings

and how nice to see gates (and I do love dry stone walls - were they the type of walls you mentioned? but none round here, and had not remembered them for a while)(once I had a great image of a dry stone wall, but old blogger wouldn't let me publish it)

lovely lovely lovely

thank you!

xxx

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well thank you too I for the beautiful lyrics:)
xxx

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Mel said...

They're all lovely photos, Mig. *sigh* I so miss the history and tales that go with it.

And I shudder to think what I'd read from two years back that I put into print for the world to read.
I was pretty convinced the world wouldn't be reading. LOL

Does that change what I put out there? Hardly.
I figure--damage's done! LOL

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my old blog and the ability to read back through what I wrote and also the comments I had which did, of course, lead to things I would not have imagined.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I thought it might be embarrassing too Mel but I don't seem to have changed a lot :)

I started off thinking, so when did I first visit you Thursday or was it you that first came here :) Lost in the mists, sadly :)

It is nice to be able to look back and be reminded of first visits and first sparks of interest. Not to mention the wow when someone you didn't expect, appeared and the positively heady sense of fun when comments start multiplying (just a little bit of multiplying in my case :).
It's good this blogging :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home