Saturday, March 17, 2007

busybusybusy and.........swooooop

homeward down the motorways.
Yay, I'm back, with working computer, far too many pics and a younger brain.
This last is all due to Eldest's little game for brain training...when I started on Sunday night it mournfully declared that my brain was performing about as well as an average eighty one year old's but by this morning it had become about 48!
So I felt quite prepared to spend the evening crawling about under my desk, brandishing handfuls of leads and plugging things in every which way but apparently the right way, mostly, because the computer still works! It has new software and new hardware and no doubt feels very pleased with itself. However, Windows Vista (new software) has known compatibility issues with my printer software and has unknown issues with my little pocket pc. And since Norton has vanished along with other programmes, I can't spend hours chasing windows workarounds till I've sorted that out. Still, I have a bright shiny new Vista to explore and all my settings were just where they should have been and I even have email on the laptop which is still temporarily protected by Norton..can't be bad.Now I'm going to switch everything off...from being a deprived dependent I've become computered out.
Posted by Picasa
just thought I'd show you two rather magnificent windows from Rochdale Town Hall.


This blogging pictures direct from Picasa isn't very straightforward. Has to be done one at a time for a start.
Which means I get to here thinking "and then I'll post another picture and say whatever...only it'll appear before this bit.....This is not the end!
Of today's post! The end will appear later. But first.

Oh well I expect you can work out what I mean. If not don't worry...it's not at all important :)

5 comments:

At 2:59 AM, Blogger Mel said...

She's back!! She's BACK!!

:-)

Welcome back!

And ohhhh......what pretties you have for us!
LOVE the windows!
(lemme know how Vista works for ya and I'll consider upgrading the desktop--from everything I've seen/heard.....well, you know! I have a Mac already and it doesn't feud with the widgets and anti-virus and whatnot!)

YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!! You're BACK!
(and with the brain of a 48 year old to boot!)

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I'll let you know about Vista as soon as I can tell Mel :)
Currently bogged down with putting programmes back where they belong and waiting for help from Norton Anti virus.
All things come to them what wait, right????

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

MAGNIFICENT!!!!

wonderful! :-)

(((((mig)))))

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(and as well as the windows, I quite like the stones and the moss too!)

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

(((((((((I)))))))) too :)
I absolutely love these sturdy old northern stone extravagances. Even more when they've grown moss and got all stained.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home