Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I've been procrastinating

Over things that one I love believes I should have been doing.
As a result, I haven't been indulging in things I believe I should be doing.
Which is another way of saying I've been sulking.
And now I've got over sulking, I've made some plans, tidied the house (thanks also to Thursday and Joe Brown for making this both necessary and satisfying) and fianlly felt I was allowed to spend an evening visiting.
Wow! I think I can even find time for a quick post. There's still a mound of procrastinated stuff to deal with but I think I can handle it. Just about.
So there was an eclipse of the moon. We saw bits of it thanks to our caller...we were doing a barn dance that evening and she announced to the crowd that there was an eclipse so after every dance the hall emptied and everyone rushed out to see how it was doing. Which also meant that we didn't have to play tunes during every rest between dances. Good, because me and Barney were still a bit hung over from a farewell party the night before.
Meanwhile, the hares in the field out the back have been behaving, well, oddly. No boxing to speak of but they gather in little groups and do the brown lump thing. Then suddenly two of them get up and one chases another round and round and back and forth and in figure eights between the others. The two running ones do it nose to tail in perfect synch until I am ready to fall over...quite hypnotic. It is like one of those computer game animations that happen while the game is waiting for you to start playing. After a while they suddenly stop and turn back into brown lumps.
Hares are weird.
And annoyingly, distant. A photo wouldn't do it justice.. You need animation to get the full 'if-they-do-this-much-longer-I'm going-to-fall-over' effect. Sorry.

But here is the moon rising, all un-eclipsed


And in the middle of the barn dance, shadowed slightly by EarthGoing

goingAnd back again, much later... haloed by clouds.

I've really got to go to bed again.
G'night.

8 comments:

At 3:09 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh, I so wish I could watch the hares having their playful moments.

And oh MY what a great series of shot of the eclipse!

BTW--if you like, we could certainly compose a "please excuse Mig from attending to all those 'borish' things that occasionally need done" note.
*nodding* I'm certain that would work!

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Mig! Those eclipse photos are astounding! Jealousy..meter...soaring....xxx

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - astounding pictures! Splendid evening, much fun, thank you.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been to a barn dance for years and years! Sounds like a good time. :)

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

wonderful moon photos - shame about the hares, but your description was so brilliant that now I'm feeling dizzy!!

%-/

(that's a lopsided dizzy face!)

*sulks - no more hare photos. . .*

;-)

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(only kidding about the sulks!)

:-)

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Jillyvanilli said...

Beautiful pictures. I watched the eclipse also, I ended the experience full of wonder and with a stiff neck!

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I'm so glad youall like my moons :) there were moons all over Flickr last night!
But it's no good Mel, the procrastinations must be dealt with before I can have any more fun. (well apart from a few bits of fun that is)

They are fun aren't they Dav:) and good for you too :)

Mangey, put that jealousy down Girl....your coyotes are total magic :)

Wonderful evening Thursday :)

Still hoping to catch them boxing I, the hares,that is. And close enough for a good shot. But I'm afraid they've moved on to other things...and next it'll be all about babies. Too tiny to see even!

It is just totally amazing Jilly...I can't get my head round the idea that it's our shadow up there a few lots of billion miles away! Hope your neck recovers quickly :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home