Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I am a maid of the North country



This is not strictly true, though I was for a few years.
Currently, neither a maid nor of the North, but definitely in it!
For what seems like ages but is probably only two days, I've not been able to connect. Eldests wifi worked and the lap top asured us that it was connected and then blithely pointed out that it couldn't find any servers anywhere. Suggested that I might be firewalled. Well I might be! I suppose I am? One mostly is.
Whatever. Eldest told his router to trust me and apparently that was all that was needed.
However, the computer is seriously unwell (thank heavens for laptop). It's busily baffling eldest and eventually we decided that some shopping was required and the temporary use of a beta version of windows vista. (temporary I hope since no one seems to like it...does anyone?). i have a horible feeling that I'm going to be sent home with a jury rigged windows and incomprehensible instructions.
We'll see. My visiting plans are in chaos (must ring sister and friend and sister in law tomorrow) but the upside is I got spend a whole, gloriously sunny day trailing around the wild north country snapping like mad.
The swans were taken in newbury before I left and I may be able to upload a separate picture from the hills above Lancaster...who knows :)
Now I am going to sleep cos tomorrow I must shop, phone, possibly go to IKEA and take more pictures :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Poor, sickly 'puter...
And who knows about Vista at the moment.
As an Apple owner, it all looks familiar. LOL That's minus the glitches, of course. (Mac thanks me for the recognition of their superiority, I'm sure. LOL)

But my, Mig......what lovely photos (as usual!)!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I love all the swan photos on your flickr sidebar thingy!

beautiful photos! (as usual, as mel's ditto)

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Hah! Eldest has been singing the praises of Macs as he struggles to get my pc on the move Mel. Pc is bogging us down at every possible stage. i am a cross blogger! (that's not as in dressing but as in buns!!!)

Thanks I, the swans in Leeds were quite qmqzingly cool!
I seem to be having a litle trouble typing on the laptop:)

Inernet connection is being quite random. Earlier I started reading your blog but when I tried to comment, was promptly cut off. Back now for a few minutes and then off for next two days (no wifi at sister's house).

I've given up on holding breath...had no effect whatsoever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home