Friday, March 30, 2007

Ooh! My feet are killing me

Is what old ladies used to say. And d'you know, I think they were speaking the literal truth! See, if your feet hurt, it's hard to do excercise, so you can't look after your heart and lungs. And it's hard to keep your weight down so excercising gets even harder. And then you get tired sooner so it gets even harder etc etc. So look after your feet!
Take teeth now! If your teeth hurt, it's really hard to eat all that good, crunchy, healthy, fruity, nutty stuff. I expect you can guess where I'm going with this?
And then there's your back. It's the bit everything else hangs from and balances on top of. Without a good back, you can end up wondering how you're going to get the shopping (with all that good healthy, crunchy, fresh stuff) back to the bus stop or the car or wherever.

Of course it's very important to look after the other bits too...but it's much easier to do that if you can move quickly and eat comfortably and don't need to stop and lie down and take your shoes off every five minutes...
Look after your feet, your back and your teeth and it'll be much easier to look after the rest.

Umm! Right. And look after your thrice dammed computer. Doing this could save hours of stress and high blood pressure and serious anxiety. Actually I think making rescue discs and backing up a lot might be the main things. I'm just alternately backing up several months worth of photos and blogging on the laptop!

Oh and the monitor came...I can look at pictures without crouching down and peering up and they look even better than they did before. So now I'm really wondering what they look like on everyone's different monitors! Since, over the last few weeks I've seen four quite different versions.

Until I've finished backing up, I feel constrained not to put all my Lancaster pictures on the pc. it's a sort of incentive to keep backing up until the job's done. It's a bit of a pain though because everything looks so much bigger and better and brighter now, I can't wait to see what they'll look like. Almost as good as getting a new hair cut...which I really need soon. I'm beginning to look like a mad haystack in a high wind....and it's getting in my eyes and up my nose again too.

Oh and would you believe...as soon as I got the new monitor working (not without a struggle I might add...well I will add...it really was quite infuriating to find it just didn't like the usb port I'd plugged it into) the internet speeded up and the laptop connected itself again. This surely must have been a coincidence? Surely the old monitor wasn't somehow slowing down the internet and stopping the laptop from connecting?
It's all a mystery to me.

Sorry this is so disjointed and woolly...I'm wandering back an forth between laptop and PC stopping to collect wine and ciggie and lighter and sometimes typing, sometimes writing labels and sometimes getting them all the wrong way round. This has got to be good for making the brain younger? Speaking of which, I suppose we all ought to be looking after our brains...if you can't think, there isn't much point in being able to trot around briskly, eat sensibly and stand up straight!

It occurs to me that if I stayed up all night I could get all the backing up done.

Then I could sleep all day tomorrow? Not really.

I'd better stop drinking wine though.

And now I'm hungry...really I ought to be able to manage this sort of thing better! It's really hard to keep backing up in a sensible order and thinking of random things to say when fresh bread and soup keep floating through my mind.
Right! That's it. No pictures tonight. But I tell you, what the computer is doing is making me think a glass of wine and some pink elephants would look more normal. Than it does. (it's a new DVD writer...I don't know how it works yet)

Sleep well everyone.

Labels: ,

7 comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Mel said...

ROFLMAO

I'm so taken by the 'labels' on the post that I can't think straight, Mig.

But horray for the delivered monitor. (and boy, talk about redefining 'speedy delivery')

LOL

Back up feet back and teeth while you have the chance.....
Excellent words of wisdom! LOL

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I don't quite seem to have the hang of labels yet Mel...I typed in 'monitor' and a whole lot of other stuff came with it!
Something to do with punctuation I suspect:)

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Urban Chick said...

may i suggest some dr scholls (discounted in tk maxx)

people are expressing some scepticism over at my place but i'm mooching around the house in and loving them so far...

crikey - were we in lancaster again at the same time? were you walking at croon o'lune on the morning of sunday 18 march? if so, we were the ones huddling down by the river to escape the wind in a little suntrap and eating smiley face biscuits

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ooh....so near and yet so far!
I was there only two days earlier looking down from a great height (ie, the road)...tyre prints heading towards Caton.
It looked like an ideal place for smiley face biscuit eating!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Sam said...

You can't half stay up late cant you! Red wine makes me sleepy and I seldom make it past 12 if I have had a couple. Well done :-)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

you are so funny! making me laugh and bringing a smile to my face

for all the right reasons!

xxx

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ah well Samantha, it does that to me too but I do the falling asleep bit earlier (in front of the telly) and then I suddenly wake up and start all over again. Not terribly practical but it just seems to be the way I do things!

D'you know I, the thought of making some one laugh has brung a much needed smile to my face! Thank you for that :) Cos it's been a slightly gloomy day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home