Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sick machinery

It's like an outbreak of flu.
First the car fails its annual health check, then the printer refuses to clean its nozzles. I wanted to print some little pictures* and they all came out pink. I replenished the magenta and now they're all coming out green. (but the yellow isn't printing at all so I don't know how they're managing to do that).
So I told it to clean it's nozzles and when that didn't work I told it to deep clean itself and finally I suggested it might try bottom cleaning. Sorry, bottom plate cleaning. Green is giving way to black. With vertical lines.
I'd better not say what I told it to do with itself after that.**
What's next? Will all the light bulbs pop? Will the washing machine break down in floods? (I don't know why but the sicknesses of household machinery always seems to include washing machines, I think they must be neurotic).
Meanwhile there's an unprecedented invasion of ants in the kitchen...in November?
And we have acquired a deep fat fryer. I can't quite work out where in our crowded kitchen it could possibly go but I'm working on it. I may be able to throw out some stuff I don't like...though I did throw out some saucepans but all that did was to make it slightly easier to get the remaining saucepans into the saucepan shelf. Certainly no room there for a deep fat fryer.
I'm not complaining about the DFF, Barney wanted one and the old chip pan is worth its own weight in burnt-on ancient sticky stuff. I just don't know where to put it. No, it can't go on the animal feeding space. No, nor the toaster space.
I think I shall have to take everything off every work surface and shelf and just move them all around till they fit...and I can bear to look at the result.

Well I've got lots to do, places to go, people to meet.
Umm...a book to read.
Glass of wine to finish.
Cup of tea.
Post a few random pictures.



Bed?

*Got some little perspex block frames from Muji (possibly my favourite shop in the world...it's so almost uncompromisingly cool. I'm not sure about some of the toys though). Anyway I thought very small photos in little perspex block frames would be good Christmas presents. They can have a picture facing each way but will be much more...er, cool, than photo cubes. It's interesting choosing pictures that are big thumbnail size. Some rubbish photos look quite good when very small :)
**But if the printer's broke, I'll have to get snappy snaps to do them for me. Pooh!

7 comments:

At 2:11 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Fabulosa! Thanks for the pics you sent Mig..they arrived safe and sound a few days ago! xxxx

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Just found your email :) glad they arrived!xxx

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

I hate it when machinery breaks. The temptation to just hit it until it works is very hard to resist.

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touch wood, my printer is currently behaving - if you let me know the sie, I'd be happy to print from here.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

size - clearly, my z ain't too happy about doing its thang.

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*snickering* You're suppose to RESIST the urge to slap the broken machine around?

*going to the corner*

I've been very, very bad.........

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I asked the dog if I could hit him instead Fran. He looked pathetic so I had to suppress my urges.
Thursday, you are so kind :)
z notwithstanding :)
Mel, I suggest you join my printer in the corner and hit it for me till it works. You can be bad together :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home