Saturday, November 25, 2006

Beelzebub, in Waitrose 's car park, er, cometh

It was like this see.
I'd just done the shopping after a potentially satisfying afternoon with the camera and as I came out of Waitrose, thunder rolled and a distant flash of lightning split the inky horizon. (Good so far?)
I got into the car and suddenly saw, just beside me, an ethereal appariton, tremblingly, yellow-gold leaved, outlined against that same indigo cloud that had so recently glowed in electrical violence. I grabbed the camera (muttering about tripods and shopping and car-boots), balanced it on the window frame, cursed a passer by (that is a passer-through the cars and between me and my subject) who couldn't understand why I was taking pictures of a car park and said so, and snapped this probably never-to-be-repeated shot of the shimmering Ge-lory I had spotted. Bound to be out of focus I muttered, probably won't get the colours right...muttermuttermuttermuttermutter...went home.
Uploaded a lot of stuff and found.....

Beelzebub :)
Or at any rate, a horned, glowing-eyed monster.*

It's a pity I didn't feel like making the effort to get the tripod out and get a focussed shot of the yellow tree because it was quite impressive. On the other hand the wind was getting up and the golden leaves were really shimmering...too much for a good shot. Oh well, a bit of fun with photo shop.
I'm not sure I shall ever be a serious photographer.
Or indeed serious at all!

*You really have to view the picture large to get the full beezebubness of it...took a good deal of effort to get the horned, glowing eyes just right!** Also three glasses of wine.
**Oh ok. approximately right.

5 comments:

At 3:37 AM, Blogger Kata said...

You have a keen eye for lurking demons Mig! It looks like it may merit a sketch or 2 to turn it into a cartoon...hehe...

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I said last week to the charming chap, your neck of the woods is like Middle Earth and this just seals that theory.

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nope, its my cat when I havent fed her for at least an hour. Its THE SAME FACE.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me

I posted these words yesterday, cos that is exactly what the storm we had on Sunday morning made me think!

thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me! Gallileo!

love the car park shots!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh, I await cartoon eagerly Mangey :)

Do you know, I think you're right Thursday. I shall be off with the elves next :)
Unless Sam (ex Faery) is right...and she should know!

I love thunder and lightning I but the lyrics are apt nonetheless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home