Thursday, November 23, 2006

A folded up city

Bristol is a fantastically curved and folded place. You stand on top of a multi-storey car park and you're surrounded by towers and spires and roofs that look near enough to touch. Tiny vistas are painted on skies that seem just a step away beneath clouds that reflect the Severn Estuary. Looking down, you can see toy houses and streets just beneath your feet.
I love it.
Yes, thank you, I enjoyed my day and came home, not only with a few (350 odd) pictures but also saw my sister, who lives there. This was a special pleasure because I didn't think she'd be at home and just expected to deliver a parcel and be on my way. Very good indeed. Also had a delicious bread thingie and coffee which was very good and easy journeys both ways.
And when I got home I found that at least one of the pictures was good enough. Those of you who take photos will know what I mean...you can take hundreds and they'll be nice and you'll be quite pleased. But every so often there's one that you look at and think Oh yes! If I'd only come home with a single picture, this would be the one. I got one today! (and a few more)*

Free gift, this one. I was leaning over the edge of the multi-storey and suddenly realised that there were some 4 or 5 other people pointing cameras out at the sky! I imagine there will be a few rainbows on Flickr and around the blogithing tonight :)

This was a free gift too...a small boy and his mum were putting peanuts down for the squirrels and this one posed for me. I don't think he knew which way round the tree to get to the peanuts quickest.
The Cabot Tower.
Near Clifton Suspension Bridge
This one's for you Older Sister :) Thankyou for the wine and the welcome...hope I didn't stay too long :)
*Which one do you think?

6 comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

ooh ooh ooh

the rainbow! no, Cabot Tower reflected in the puddle?

no no no

the misty bench near Clifton Suspension Bridge! no, the night shot. . .

(all of them apart from the squirrel - can't stand squirrels; mind you, they are so fast up and round a tree I admire your ability to get the shot!)

all of them. . . not just one of them!

(they are all way better than just good enough)

like the sound of coffee and breadthingie

glad you had a good time and a fortuitous meet

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the seat wins marginally over the rainbow.

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Gosh.....decisions, decisions......

I'm going for the bench photo.
Who coulda planned the lighting on that one?!

But I must say--I'm fond of the shot from sis' house. It's just too warm and cozy.

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

The bench it is:) Couldn't have planned the light, couldn't have hoped it would come out sharp and I only took one! Thanks all :)

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo too late. The last one did it for me though.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

I would have gone for the bench, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home