Monday, December 04, 2006

My kingdom for a horse?

If wishes were horses we probably wouldn't have to worry about MOTs. (though we would probably be buried under enough horse shit to have brought about global boiling by this time).
Which is to say my car has failed. Not miserably but with a good two day's worth of work.
This inevitably has put spanners in several plans I had made and also has made it impossible to visit friend who has a bad back. And means I will have to be very careful to make coffee with whole milk as I need to save the semi for tea (I hate tea with whole milk) since I won't be going shopping till tomorrow evening at the earliest..
What's more I am now a year and several days older (notionally) than I was last time I posted. Which is not a big problem as I can't feel any difference. And Frangelita gave me the whole Lord of the Rings DVD so I can now watch the second and third films to which I will look forward a lot.
But a photo editing programme which I think I might like is running so slowly that I've been getting slightly hysterical with rage at it, now refuses to save ANY of the pictures I've spent all day editing VERY VERY SLOWLY.
Then I got a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE via my hotmail account and forwarded it to me, at home so I could consider it at leisure, and then replied to it....that is to me, at hotmail.
I am a cross, idiotic bunny. But not hot since it's a bit chilly here.
I have finally solved a problem that's been gnawing at my peace for a long time. I've thrown all my till receipts in the grate and set light to them. When the ashes have been scattered among the roses, I defy any snakey identity thieves to piece them together and steal me. Or any sneaky ones either. So there!
However, I am wondering if the oil will last till the delivery arrives. Wouldn't have been a problem if it the car had passed its MOT since tomorrow I wouldn't have been here. I'd have been swimming and swanning around town and setting off for the lungs of the big smoke (Kew).
Tomorrow I may have to find a few more receipts...well a lot more, those have burnt out already.
OK. Time for coffee and tidying.
Meanwhile this is what life currently looks like....screwy.

And this is what it looked like this morning before I got the news about car failure
Slightly later when I was wondering if I ought to go back because I might be getting good car news any minute


And this is what the woods would look like now if the moon was out and the wind wasn't howling and the raindrops tapping on the windows. Up to the attic room tonight for me so I can watch the sky thunder past and hear the windows rattle and the tree trunks creaking.
Sleep well.

6 comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Awww--happy belated birthday wishes just the same, Mig.

Darn that we didn't get to sing to you on the day. Perhaps that was planned to save the eardrums? LOL

*sending warm thoughts for another year in the good book of life*

(Pfffttttt on those things that want to cheat you from loving the day--I say they can 'bugger off'!!)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

d'ya know

that is so odd

I've been looking at your profile view for quite a few months now, thinking to myself *she's been 55 for ages" but not really knowing much about star signs I didn't realise that it is the time of the Sagittarian. . .

so congrats for the day and best wishes for another wonderful year (most of which I hope we'll hear about here!)

AMAZING photos - but then, they always are!

word ver: happy-birthday-to-you, happy-birthday-to-you, happy-birthday-dear-mig, happy-birthday-to you

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank you both :)
No planning Mel, I just didn't seem to have time to post! All that birthday fun :)
Wonderful those word vers I! I don't know where you find them :)

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

;-)

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Your twisty bush is called a Harry Lauder Walking Stick around here. (Ohio, U.S.A.) Is that how you know it? My hubby made a walking stick from one of ours. Your bush looks older. Isn't it neat?

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I think they're fantastic Leeann, we call them Corkscrew Hazel but Harry Lauder Walking Stick is a brilliant name! Ours is quite young...I don't think any of it is long enough to make a walking stick (or only for a very little person). And what a coincidence, my huaband makes walking sticks too :) I'll have to speak to him about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home