Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Oh my goodness what have I done!!!

Blithely, nay almost with careless abandon, when Frangelita suggested we have a blogmeet here with Thursday I said fine. What a good idea. I'll do lunch I said.
Here!! In the junk heap that is currently (and nearly always), our house!!!!
the blokes will hang about being heavy handedly jolly about being sent away (my god, will they even ever go?). Frangelita will have lost another stone or two and be looking delightful and Thursday will be even more stunningly classy than in her pics.
I shall get hot and bothered and drop food in the kitchen while Fran and Thursday wonder if they'll ever get any food. And my latest hair cut was a disaster!!! So I shall be looking and acting like an elderly and flustered pigeon

Where oh where is the floor mop? And the feather duster. Or indeed any duster.
And I've been hoping to meet Thursday for ages and now she'll never want to visit my blog again. Oh Woe!

Oh well.
Fran can do some Pimms.

Actually this is so exciting I hardly know what to do with myself so I've done nothing at all.
Barney is in London tonight because he's got a meeting at Kew Gardens tomorrow. Would you believe he's going to do some work on Queen Charlotte's Cottage! and I was going to go to Avebury at dawn (literally) but I have to get the car to the garage tomorrow morning and I can't see me dragging myself away in time. And I thought I might do some moon pictures tonight but there's thick cloud.
And the dog keeps whinging...I bet he's managed to eat something he shouldn't and he'll be sick! Probably on sunday morning.
Consider the lilies of the field...they toil not, neither do they spin. OK. I'll do all that.

11 comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger frangelita said...

Your new haircut makes you look like a pigeon?

I'm sure you'll be the perfect host.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

surely the state of the house is not what it's about?

(not that there's a suggestion that your house is a in state)(anyhow, didn't you clean up a few weeks ago already for the family party - can't be that messy already?)

:-)

and as for food, if they want to eat couldn't they bring their own? kind of potluck thing?

;-)

(do you know what, if truth be told, I'd be in a state too!)(just adds to the overall enjoyment tho, doesn't it!)(doesn't it?)(?!)

%-)

have a wonderful time y'all

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

-ess Frangelita, ess! The new haircut doesn't make me look like a male pigeon!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Er...unless male pigeons look like feamale pigeons? Well it was a metaphorical pigeon anyway!

Does add I definitely. And actually food will not be a problem at all and neither will tidying and cleaning a bit. And I am looking forward to it lots :)

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh puh-leaze! Please don't get into a fuss about an apparent junk-heap that is your house, I live in a builder's site, nothing, I say nothing could be worse than mine and anyway, ILTV is quite right, the state of your abode is not what it's all about. Nor is your hair which I'm sure will be more abundant and better than mine. And as for looking classy, I hadn't planned on wearing a suit but if you insist ...

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

OK :)
As long as you wear beads :)

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

And Fran, I shall be the same random pigeon...I mean host-ess as I always am. Relying on you to make sure I remember slightly important stuff like plates.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shall I bring plates? And Utensils? Seriously Mig, just point me in the direction of the bread bin and I'm a very happy bunny.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Just yourself Thursday...don't worry, I just ahd a flurry of, er, pigeon-like behaviour.

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*chuckling*

What FUN!!

Oh--do enjoy yourselves! And to heck with plates--eat with your fingers and giggle until you snort!

LOVE the lilies!!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

*really wanting Thursday to wear her beads*

(they are so pretty!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home