Thursday, September 07, 2006

I been having lessons

My friend Gem is a photographer. We go back a very long way...to the days when we both left a certain Government establishment (famous for introducing the magic roundabout in Swindon among other weird and wonderful roundabout systems) to have our first babies.

So I said come over and teach me some stuff and we'll have dinner out (very nice and we even took Barney...he turned the tables and paid for our dinners so it was all very good) and we exchanged useful stuff. She will be putting photos up on her new Flickr account soon..watch this space, they'll be good pics.

Anyway we went up to the churchyard and took pictures and here are some of them.
The Bell tower (again, I know, but I like it so much)

And the bell in it's tower with a phoenix like patch of sunlight on it...how romantic can you get?

And then there was this crypt. (Well, stairs leading down to an overgrown cellar doorway). Good enough for a quick shot?

Thing was, while I was fiddling about the sun shifted and shone into the doorway
and then there was this marvellous pattern of ivy and shadows and a shaft of sunlight shining right into the back of the crypt. Only just long enough to take a few pictures and then the shadows lengthened across the entrance.
And as if that wasn't enough, a dragonfly :)

8 comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Wow.

You realize there looks to be a woman in the crypt photo, don't you?
Light playing in the shadows--but on first glance.......

And gosh--I'm gonna haffta put in a few requests. LOL
(Hey--it worked for ILTV!!)

Absolutely fabulous, Mig!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ooh Mel, I didn't realise I was seeing things!

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Golly Mig, you're going to get even BETTER with your photos ... I await with glee!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger starbender said...

Beautiful shots 4 a beautiful day!
:)

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I'm hoping I will sometimes be able to make good pictures happen on purpose Thursday instead of relying on luck and a following wind!

Thanks Star :)

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Sam said...

ooo doors. I am a sucker for a picture of an overgrown by foliage door. Or gate. Or window.If it opens but it looks like it might have trouble because of greenery, I adore it. FAB!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Secret Garden stuff? I love hidden doors too Faery. You can't help hoping something amazing will be hiding behind them.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

just wonderful, pure joy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home